Problem running?

vbimport

Hey guys so my computer randomly stopped turning on, I then got a new hard drive, it booted up and ran for like 20-30 mins and then shut off, I had to wait about 4 days and then it turned on again, and again only worked for 20-30 mins, is this a fan problem? If so where can I get a fan and how do I install it, or is there something else wrong? Thanks.

Hi,[QUOTE=blasteryui;2542352]Hey guys so my computer randomly stopped turning on, I then got a new hard drive, it booted up and ran for like 20-30 mins and then shut off, I had to wait about 4 days and then it turned on again, and again only worked for 20-30 mins, is this a fan problem?[/quote]No idea, my crystal ball is somewhat dusty at the moment. If you think, this might be a overheating problem, then please have a look at the temperatures of your system, also at the fan speeds.
After the system had shut down, please touch the CPU cooler. If it is rather cool, then the thermal contact is probably not okay. In that case, the cooler must be dismounted, and thermal compund needs to be reapplied (after cleaning CPU and cooler surface, of course).
Also, make sure, the fan is spinning after the computer has been turned on.

If so where can I get a fan and how do I install it, or is there something else wrong? Thanks.
CPU coolers and fans can be bought at computer stores. Very often, installation instructions are enclosed.

But before you go and buy a CPU cooler or a replacement fan, you need to find out what the problem exactly is. Could be also a bad PSU, bad RAM, bad motherboard (look at the capacitors --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague)

Michael