Problem Running K's CD/DVD Probe

vbimport

:confused: I found out that K’ CD/DVD Probe would run on my Sony 310A burner. Downloaded version 1.1.29 and opened. Now the first dumb question. Does this program analyze blank DVD or written to DVD disks or both? I have tried both a written and blank DVD, same problem. When I go to Write Strategy and press START I see a error at the bottom (052000 Invalid Command Operational Code) and a small window appears in front of the two charts (No Media In Drive) Ofcourse I do have a disk in the drive and I selected the correct drive in the drop down
drive box at the top of the program. Same problem with Tilt Analysis. If I go to the Performance and Disk Info taps it works OK. Strange it just before said no disk in drive. Ok, I know I am doing something incorrectly. Could it be that this program does not run on the Sony 310A? Please tell me were I am going wrong with program. Thanks for your help. :o

I can’t even find the specs of a “Sony 300A” anywhere… can you paste a link to your drive please?
As far as I can tell your drive doesn’t exist… :wink:
Are you sure you are giving us the correct model?

(Edit: did you REALLY need to create a sperate thread?)

Thanks, The burner drive ia a Sony 310A not 300. I was told that this program will run on the Sony 310A but I beleive the problem is that it will not unless I flash the drive. Thanks, roberson

Originally posted by roberson
Thanks, The burner drive ia a Sony 310A not 300. I was told that this program will run on the Sony 310A but I beleive the problem is that it will not unless I flash the drive. Thanks, roberson

yes even though the sony is identical to the liteon as far as hardware the firmware makes it different.

but one word of warning you will void your warrenty if you do flash it to hacked firmware. just a warning most people dont care but wanted you to be aware.

Originally posted by Ssseth

As far as I can tell your drive doesn’t exist… :wink:
Are you sure you are giving us the correct model?
Check this out, lol > CRX -310A

Originally posted by roberson

I beleive the problem is that it will not unless I flash the drive.
@roberson,

Have you read my [COLOR=blue]reply to you yet ?

Your Sony has exactly the same specification as this one > [/COLOR] LiteOn LTC - 48161H

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Check this out, lol > CRX -310A

@roberson,

Your Sony has exactly the same specification as this one > [/COLOR] LiteOn LTC - 48161H [/B]

does that mean that kprobe will recognize it with stock sony firmware?

Originally posted by Jamos

does that mean that kprobe will recognize it with stock sony firmware?
No.

KProbe should be working fine with your drive, which a rebadged LiteOn LTC-48161H.
All you need to do is to flash it with an appropriate firmware to turn your current Sony into the LiteOn.

No.

yup thats what i thought…hehe;)

[B]Check this out, lol > CRX -310A

@roberson,

Thanks, it was hard to find any info on that drive!

Ssseth,

it would be very kind of you if you could trim my quote nicely ( i.e. just like the way I do :wink: ).

:slight_smile: Thank you each and all for your input to this thread. I have, yesterday, found out so much info about K’ Probe. These forums are just great in receiving info so one who is confused can understand. I learned that K’Probe only does analysis on a burned disk. I did not know that. Then I learned that you could flash my Sony 310A to make it work. I downloaded a file from the Liteon site (KHOQ.exe). I really do not know if this is the correct file. I looked on Ebay and I can purchase a new LiteOn 812S for $89.99. Then I read this morning Jamoa answer on another thread that even he was having problems with K’Probe running on a LiteOn 812S. Also looking at the review from this site on the LiteOn 812S it said this burner had write problems. If anyone knows of a LiteOn burner drive that works, without any problems, please let me know. I find that even the new ones are not expensive, less than $125.00.
Again thanks everyone for your contribution.:iagree:

I think the 811 i have runs kprobe very well;)

84$ at newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-924&depa=1