Problem ripping from classical CD

I’m asking whether somebody can help me with an issue I have to do with ripping from a set of CDs I have.

I have a set of classical CD’s (Mahler/Bernstein) and, in each CD, new track numbers occur in the middle of movements. For one CD, for example, there are 5 continuous movements but 19 tracks.

If I play the CD on a “standard” CD player, the one attached to our stereo set, there is no audible transition between the tracks, as should be be the case; the music flows continuously. But if I play the CD on my computer, or rip from the CD and then play the tracks back without gaps, little gaps are heard and some music is lost.

This occurs on two computers I’ve tried, both with different hardware CD/DVD players. It occurs on each of 3 difference programmes. It occurs on any setting I’ve tried for “gaps” or format. It occurs during playback or after ripping.

It would appear that there is something on these CDs which makes computer CD/DVD players unable to reproduce the sound accurately.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what could be causing this problem and any possible solutions.

Thank you.

Jim B.

CDex or EAC can rip whatever tracks you select as one.

or rip from the CD and then play the tracks back without gaps, little gaps are heard and some music is lost.

What do you mean by ‘ripping’ and what are you trying to accomplish?

Thanks Dialysis1.

I tried CDex but had an error on 1st use.
I installed EAC and it ran successfully but the gaps still existed.

Hi MysticEyes,

I wish to rip these tracks from CDs which I own so that I can listen to them on my SanDisk media player without the flow of the music being broken at the transition between each of the tracks. I’ve found some mention of the issue of “gapless” players and think this may be the problem, but the issue seems to be complicated…

[QUOTE=JVB;2291969]
I installed EAC and it ran successfully but the gaps still existed
[/QUOTE]

Did you select “copy range” as ripping option?

Problem solved!

Thank you Dialysis1 ! (for informing about EAC)

Thank you Roadworker ! (for mentioning need to “copy range”)

Thank you programmer of EAC ! (I tried to make a donation but the German PayPal site would not accept my credentials)

Thank you CDFreaks! (for making such expertise sharing possible)

Jim Brook

[QUOTE=Vineetaprakash;2292397]I’m asking whether somebody can help me with an issue[/QUOTE]

This thread is about ripping a classical CD without inserting breaks where there are track markers.
If your question is about something else, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum…that way you will get faster and better attention
Good luck
D