Problem ripping DVD with Cinavia in DVDFab Ripper

vbimport

Have ripped many of my dvds to convert to mp4/ac3 using dvdfab but it does not seem to want to work on Battle: Los Angeles and I do get a Cinavia message. Understand this is not a problem playing on a particular player (i am using wdmedia hub)but in the initial ripping. DVDFAB acts just like it always does but when it says it has completed successfully I check the video file and it is empty. Emailed DVDFAB but so far no solution. Anybody else
had this problem.

Moving you to the DVDFab forum.

Looking at this thread at WD TV Forums, it seems Western Digital may have added Cinavia detection to the WD Live Hub last month. Though I’m having some trouble finding more threads to support that accusation.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2627083]Looking at this thread at WD TV Forums, it seems Western Digital may have added Cinavia detection to the WD Live Hub last month. Though I’m having some trouble finding more threads to support that accusation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think that’s a bit doubtful Kerry especially given that someone else has contradicted that allegation here.

The original complaint could be just a hardware crash as there’s no mention of any Cinavia warning messages.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=potluckman;2627080]Have ripped many of my dvds to convert to mp4/ac3 using dvdfab but it does not seem to want to work on Battle: Los Angeles and I do get a Cinavia message. Understand this is not a problem playing on a particular player (i am using wdmedia hub)but in the initial ripping. DVDFAB acts just like it always does but when it says it has completed successfully I check the video file and it is empty. Emailed DVDFAB but so far no solution. Anybody else
had this problem.[/QUOTE]

‘Battle Los Angeles’ was sorted quite some time ago so I’m not sure why you’re having problems.

Stormjumper would be more familiar with DVDFab DVD Ripper as I don’t use this but are you ripping and then converting separately or all in one go?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2627122]‘Battle Los Angeles’ was sorted quite some time ago so I’m not sure why you’re having problems.

Stormjumper would be more familiar with DVDFab DVD Ripper as I don’t use this but are you ripping and then converting separately or all in one go?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
I am ripping and converting in one step using DVD Ripper. I do not always get the Cinavia message and as i said the program proceeds as normal showing progress bar and taking about same time as any other dvd. Problem is when I finish and check the created video fill it has no data. This is by the way not an issue with the WDmedia player. I never get that far to try to play the file because it is empty. DVDFAB support has had me completely reload the program and I have program running on a desktop and a laptop which have both worked fine doing both bluray and dvd conversion but get same result with both. Because Battle:la came with both bluray and DVD I tried both but no joy.

[QUOTE=potluckman;2627133]I am ripping and converting in one step using DVD Ripper. I do not always get the Cinavia message and as i said the program proceeds as normal showing progress bar and taking about same time as any other dvd. Problem is when I finish and check the created video fill it has no data. This is by the way not an issue with the WDmedia player. I never get that far to try to play the file because it is empty. DVDFAB support has had me completely reload the program and I have program running on a desktop and a laptop which have both worked fine doing both bluray and dvd conversion but get same result with both. Because Battle:la came with both bluray and DVD I tried both but no joy.[/QUOTE]

No problem.

I thought we could try and establish if it was the ripping or converting that was causing the problem but if the DVDFab guys are on it then they should be able to get you sorted.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Not sure dvdfab folks really understand my problem. Vivian said they were going to look at Cinavia again in the future.Think they feel I am having a playback problem. The idea of splitting the operation to see which part is causing the problem is a good one. Not sure if I am totally sure how to do that as computers are not my strongest point which is why I bought dvdfab rather than use the free handbrake. But I son is a computer vision grad student at Ohio state and just got home for a few days so will try and put him to work on it and if we find anything I will report it. Thanks for the suggestion.

potluckman

I noticed you stated [B]“I am ripping and converting in one step”[/B] please try copying it to your HDD without doing the conversion process and check the resulting folder to see if it is empty, if it is not then use that folder on your HDD which contains ‘Battle: Los Angeles’ as the source.

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks to everyone for the help. Problem appears to have been in the encoder portion of dvdfab as it ripped the movie to folder with no problems. Then attempted to encode this video to mp4 with using dvdripper and got same result as before, created a file but the file was empty. With my son’s help i then used Handbrake to encode the same raw video folder and it produced a l.2 G file and movie plays fine so something seems to be going on in in both dvdripper and bluray ripper when encoding Battle: Los Angeles. Since this is the only movie I have had having ripped about a hundred movies I think I will just ignore till it crops up again.

potluckman your issue has been reported to Fengtao and I’m sure he will look into this. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=potluckman;2627471]Thanks to everyone for the help. Problem appears to have been in the encoder portion of dvdfab as it ripped the movie to folder with no problems. Then attempted to encode this video to mp4 with using dvdripper and got same result as before, created a file but the file was empty. With my son’s help i then used Handbrake to encode the same raw video folder and it produced a l.2 G file and movie plays fine so something seems to be going on in in both dvdripper and bluray ripper when encoding Battle: Los Angeles. Since this is the only movie I have had having ripped about a hundred movies I think I will just ignore till it crops up again.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you now know it’s the conversion process and not the ripping.

I’d suspected that anyway which was why I’d mentioned this earlier since as far as we were aware all the problems ripping this disc were sorted some time ago.

I see SJ has contacted Fengtao and that info should help the DVDFab crew locate the problem. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]