Problem recording with Panasonic VDR-M53PP

I just bought new Pansonic VDR-M53PP and i recorded few videos on the DVD, and i’m having hard time to play it on my PC(Windows XP, Home Edition)
thrught DVD/CD ROM, when ever i try to play it message pop up that says “Windows can not read from this disc. The disc might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not comatible with Windows.” :confused: Do i need some kind of software or some kind of suport ? :a

Before you can play a recorded DVD in a PC (or any other DVD player), you will need to make sure the disc is finalised. There should be an option in your Camcorder’s menu to finalise the disc. Going by the manual of the product, perform the following steps to finalise the disc:

[ol]
[li]Connect the camera to the AC (finalisation cannot be performed while running on battery)
[/li][li]Press the ‘Disc Navigation’ button
[/li][li]Press the ‘Menu’ button’
[/li][li]On the ‘Disc’ menu screen, select ‘Finalize Disc’ and press the play/pause button. Give select ‘Yes’ to the dialogue that appears and give it a moment [*]to finalise the disc.
[/li][/ol]
Note: Once the disc is finalised, no more footage can be added to that disc.

Unfortunately, if you still cannot playback the disc on the PC, then there may be an issue with your PC DVD-ROM drive or the drive may not be compatible with the disc, particularly if the disc plays back fine on your camcorder. I have encountered several DVD-ROM drives (particularly older models LG & Sony models) that have difficulty reading DVD-R media.

You can use the same software to playback footage on DVD-R as you can playing back movie DVDs. :wink:

thank you for reply the problem been fixed :iagree:

Hey, bose8762, how did you end up fixing the problem? I have the same issue with the same model camcorder I just bought second-hand. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

I don’t understand how the original poster got it to work with the Panasonic VDR-M53PP. As far as I can find there is no finalize on the camera in the disc menu. There is one to protect etc…but no finalize… Can someone point me to the right place?
:sad: