Problem recording LP's with cakewalk pyro 2003

vbimport

Hey

I have a problem whith cakewalk pyro 2003, when i try to record LP’s to my harddisk, it won’t work. I can hear the music on my PC speakers but when i listen to the recorded song there is nothing.

My setup : a turntable connected to my JB Mixer with RCA jackets then from my mixer (rca) to the soundcard line in (normal 1/4 plug).

the soundcard is an onboard AC97 model

The windows mixer settings are good for playing and recording.

Does anyone know what could be the problem???

Thanks in advance
spaceye1302

Originally posted by spaceye1302
I can hear the music on my PC speakers but when i listen to the recorded song there is nothing.
The windows mixer settings are good for playing and recording.

Are you sure?
That sounds like if you have “line in” ready for playing but muted for recording in the volume control…

Have you tried another software? Preferably with a level display like Windows recorder, feurio, etc… (I haven’t tried Pyro for that).

I also haven’t tried those 4-speakers sound cards that use “line in” for output. Could that be the problem? maybe you have the line in connector configured as the rear speakers instead of line in… :confused:

It works now only with an other sound card. I’m still searching for the problem with the onboard sound card.

I’m 100% sure that the line in for recording was not muted.

The onboard sound has only one line out and one line in so that can’t be the problem.

I’m gonna check out feurio…

Thanks for the response

Greetz

Not familiar with Cakewalk but I use DCart Audio Restoration Tools and I know it has its own I/O setting. And a level meter to show actual levels of recording.