Problem reading pressed DVD movies

vbimport

I from Russia and was sometimes difficult to understand that write at a forum!
I can tell some supervision on firmware’s - With occurrence of the next patch (firmware) reading DVD by films of factory manufacture (as at us it still name - punching) - freezing or jumps of the staff of film changes at one level in good that in the bad side - that is there are problems with reading some punchings, namely at playing on 832S (on ASUS E616 drive all is normally play without problems). Places of freezing or a jump of the staff of film changes at change of a firmware! Is it will be corrected by the next new firmware or above this problem nobody reflected and to correct will not try?!
:slight_smile:

Are you having trouble reading pressed factory DVDs or burned DVDs? What model is you hardware, before flashing to CG4E?

I have trouble reading pressed factory DVDs! Model: Sony DRU-700A

I’ve split your posts and my replies to this new thread, as it was starting to get off topic in the CG4E thread. :wink:

This is an unusual problem for 700A/832S hardware and not a firmware issue that I know of. Some 851S@832S drive experience this problem but I have never heard of 812S or 832S hardware having this problem.

May be a system problem. Can you post as an attachment a Nero Infotool report, so we can see more about your system.

Thanks for help! :bow: My Info!

Try removing your ASPI driver, which is 4.71. This driver has proved to cause problems. You can remove it with ForceASPI from here. Run the KILLASPI.BAT file and then reboot. If you decide to re-install ASPI make sure you use 4.60. :wink:

Thanks C0deKing!
I’m shall try! :slight_smile:

An ASPI driver has reinstalled! I’m taken a disk with bad sectors for the test of drives. I’m made the test surface disk: at 832S the best result of test surface was. Then program DVD Decrypter has decided to check up, how drives read the data - I have been afflicted. To look here. I cannot understand, how it’s possible and why such results.

Pay attention on DVD Decrypter (compare percent copying and read errors the same file copy on HD)!

@ buka

ASPI Information

System ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly

wnaspi32.dll : 4.71 (0002) 45056 bytes July 17, 2002
ASPI32.SYS : 4.71 (0002) 16877 bytes July 17, 2002
WINASPI.DLL : 4.60 (1021) 5600 bytes July 17, 2002
WOWPOST.EXE : 4.60 (1021) 4672 bytes July 17, 2002

After reinstalling your ASPI layer as C0deKing suggested, all 4 of these entries should be 4.60. Are they?

You have a lot of burning programs on your system. One may be conflicting with another. I would suggest uninstalling ALL your burning software with the Nero CleanTools and install just ONE burning program and see if that works. If it does, you can try installing them one at a time and test after each installation to see if it causes problems. Keep us posted on your progress.

@C0deKing
sorry to jump in but I suspect you may be busy with something else right now :wink:

@ please

Yes, ASPI layer of version 4.60.
And what attitude conflicts programs (conflicts unnoticed) for burning have?!? Conversation is conducted about reading factory DVDs disks. With reading disks burning on my drive has no problems.

@ buka
Yes the thread is about pressed discs, but you are copying(‘ripping’) them using your burning program(DVD Decrypter). It is nice to know that your drives reads/plays burnt discs fine…can they play a pressed DVD…can they rip a burnt disc at regular speed?

I am suggesting there is a conflict between programs that keeps the transfer rate(‘read rate’) very low on BOTH drives in DVD Decrypter…“asusE616=185kb/s(0.1x)” and “832S=34kb/s(0.0x)”. So it is not one drive that is the problem. Since you are also getting many errors during the read, it could be that the discs are very poor quality, but I guessed that this is not the case with ALL discs or you would have seen that. It could be many different things, from bad or loose cables to bad HDD to dirty lenses to ??? So I am guessing first, that it could be a configuration error and maybe a driver conflict or software conflict. The drivers involved would most likely(but not positively) be connected with one of the many burning programs you have, so IMHO I would start (as a first step in the troubleshooting process)by removing all burning programs and install them one at a time with testing in between. It is merely a suggestion of what I would do, you don’t have to take it…

It is possible that I am misunderstanding you, and if I am, please forgive me.

@ please
You mistake. Look tests a surface disk with different firmware’s here .

@buka
Thanks for your PM.

I can only suggest that you follow please’s advice. I totally agree with what he has suggested and that’s why I haven’t posted since his reply. The other driver that is a worry to me is the Patin-Couffin driver; but removing it will probably stop one, or more, of you burning programs from working. So like please, I suggest you remove all of you burning apps and start from scratch. :wink: The Nero clean tools are very good (especially the cleanpack, which has a drive and registery cleaning tool) and like please, I recommend using this also.

@please
You were right and I am always happy for you to jump in whenever you want. :slight_smile: