Problem reading dual layers

vbimport

my drive can read any disc besides dvd+r dl’s. the blank media is verbatim and i have burned on this type of dvd before. it reads the blank disc for about a minute and then just stops. ive tried a few things but i keep getting the same problem, i dont know if its a problem with the drivers or what.

for some reason windows 7 recognizes both my dvdrw and dvd rom drives as cd drives in the ‘my computer’ window

And do you think we have a crystal ball here to know what drive you talking about?!

i listed my drive in the products relative to discussion.

but its a liteon LH-20A1P

[QUOTE=shaolinchamp;2544223]my drive can read any disc besides dvd+r dl’s. the blank media is verbatim and i have burned on this type of dvd before. it reads the blank disc for about a minute and then just stops. ive tried a few things but i keep getting the same problem, i dont know if its a problem with the drivers or what.

for some reason windows 7 recognizes both my dvdrw and dvd rom drives as cd drives in the ‘my computer’ window[/QUOTE]

You can’t read a blank disc…period!

no it can read blank discs, just not dual layers. ive been burning regular dvd-r’s for the last few weeks.

[QUOTE=shaolinchamp;2544466]no it can read blank discs, just not dual layers. ive been burning regular dvd-r’s for the last few weeks.[/QUOTE]

As already been told, NO drive can READ blank media.
BLANK MEDIA is empty.
Blank media can only get RECOGNIZED by checking the media type and then the MID/ATIP.

Next step:
What exact media/brand you are talking about?

well when im in imgburn, i try to put the disc in and after a few seconds it keeps on clicking as if its trying to read the blank disc to get ready for burning.

the brand is Verbatim dvd+r dl 2.4x made in singapore. ive sent most of the spindle in just in case its a bad batch