Problem reading DL Disc on Asus DRW-1814

Hi,

I just burned “successfully” (verification included) a 6.77GB iso image with ImgBurn 2.3.2 on a DL Disc Sony. The burned DVD play fine in my standalone players Pioneer and LG but it freezes on my Asus burner (the same that I used to burn the image :eek:) at some point in the 2nd layer.
I pass the DVD through the “crc error test” of DVDInfoPRO and I got this results.

DVDInfoPRO CRC Test

Although no errors were found during the test the reading process became slower at try to read some sector at the beginning of the 2nd layer (the white point), what exactly this white point means? Why the Asus that burned the dvd successfully now cannot read it well? Can I trust in the crc verification of ImgBurn? Can I trust in the absence of errors that show the DVDinfo test? If the dvd play fine in my standalone dvd players, can I assume that the disc is free of errors?

Media

Some additional Info:
PC: Athlon 1.53, 512 DDR
Burner: Asus DRW-1814BL
Media: Sony DVD+RDL 8.5GB
Burning: speed 2.4x, verification active, burning & verification successfully.
DVDInfoPro Version: 4.75
DVD tested successfully on: Pioneer DV-393s and LG DV-252

Thanx in advance for any help and best regards.

@ TGB72,

Your Sony DVD+RDL 8.5GB Media is Ritek D01 DVD+R DL Media which known proven poor quality problematic Media.

It has been stated numerous times throughout the Forum that the ONLY DL Media that consistently produces quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. ALL other DL Media is considered suspect and should be avoided (not used).

Regards,
bjkg

Ok, thanks you, I’ll spend a couple of extra bucks and buy some Verbatim.