Problem playing MP3s in DVD player

vbimport

I have a Magnavox MDV 450 which plays MP3s and JPEGs. I decided to put all my Christmas songs on one CD to play in the DVD player. I put 100 MP3 formatted songs in a folder and burned it as a data CD. It came up on my DVD player, but when I push play, it just goes from one song to the next without playing any music. It spends about half a second on each track and goes to the next one until it has gone through all the tracks. It then just sits there. I must be doing something wrong. Music CDs and DVDs play just fine in it. Can someone please help clear this matter up for me? Thanks.

Maybe the player doesn’t like the media…try it in another player…Burn an audio CD instead… try a different proggy to burn…CdXpBurner pro,Burrrn,Burnaware free,etc…

Check the user manual for what is supported and how.

There are many factors which can cause the problem. Some players have limits on the number of files. Many only support CBR and not VBR files. There may also be bitrate limitations, among other things. All of which is typically covered in the user manual.

[QUOTE=Rellik Nikcuf;2168677]I have a Magnavox MDV 450 which plays MP3s and JPEGs. I decided to put all my Christmas songs on one CD to play in the DVD player. [B]I put 100 MP3 formatted songs in a folder [/B]and burned it as a data CD. It came up on my DVD player, but when I push play, it just goes from one song to the next without playing any music. It spends about half a second on each track and goes to the next one until it has gone through all the tracks. It then just sits there. I must be doing something wrong. Music CDs and DVDs play just fine in it. Can someone please help clear this matter up for me? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You should try just a few as a test and not put them in a folder. Also it is quite old (over 5 years?). Might be be time to move on to a newer unit.