Problem playing "+DVD Dual Layer" after converting from Bly ray disc, any help? thx

vbimport

hi all, first! i’m new!

well…

i ripped a blu-ray film using tsMuxeR and anydvd (the last version).
then i use RipBot264 to make it fit in a “+DVD Dual layer verbatim”.
So i use imageburn, setting DVD-ROM bitsetting, with my LG GGW-H20L.

the dvd was burned ok and i’m able to play it on my computer.

the problem is that if i try to play it using my
blu-ray player (Samsung BD-1500), it looks like it start to load it
but then after just some secs, say that its impossible to play it! :confused:

someone can help me?
what i can do…what i can check?
:bow:

tyvm!!

Some manufacturers don’t give good support to blu ray video on dvds. Samsung is one of them. This is a quote from the AVCHD article at Wikipedia:
[I]Samsung removed support for both “BDMV on DVD” and “AVCHD on DVD” in a recent firmware release 2.3 for the BD-P1200 player.[12] The removed features were not added back in the subsequent 2.4 firmware release.[/I]
I realize this isn’t your model player, but it is an example of what Samsung is doing.

I would try to find another blu ray standalone player to test the disk…I know that may not be easy to do. Sony and Panasonic products, including the Sony PS3, should be more compatible.

You did burn with ImgBurn using UDF 2.5, yes?

thx Kerry56 for the info!
also if its a bad info =)

anyway, i burn it using imgburn and it set by itself the UDF format!
I’ll try now using the UDF 2.5!

i’m also a newby, because i updated the samsung br player with
the last firmware…if i know this before…!

anyway lets try!

nothing…dont work.

maybe it can work if i do 2 single layer -DVD?

sorry for my english

there is no way i can make a "+DVD Double layer"
like a commercial one?
I mean the samsung 1500 see and play perfectly a commercial
film on a +DVD double layer…so the solution’d be this:
“i have to burn a +DL like a commercial one”

…dunno if my english is good enough :smiley:

any tips?

thx!

i try also using “-DVD single layer” but nothing…!

Well, if you are going from a blu ray disk and are trying to make a BD-5 or BD-9 disk (blu ray format on a dvd or dual layer dvd) then you may have problems simply because Samsung doesn’t support those very well, if at all. There may be nothing wrong with the first two you made, not in another brand of player. Did you find a way to test them?

If you want to convert the blu ray movie to dvd-format, you’d have to reencode the video from its present form which is probably VC-1 or H264 over to mpeg2 found on regular dvds. There are some blu ray movies encoded with mpeg2, but the bitrates are much higher and even they would have to be reencoded to fit regular dvd standards.

This is possible, I’ve done it once myself, but not simple. I never did find a way using free tools…I just didn’t come up with an AviSynth script that would work going to the free mpeg2 encoders that I had, not with a blu ray VC-1 video as input. I wound up doing it with ProCoder, but that is a very expensive tool and there is no guarantee it would work for you.

Well if evocsilver is talking of making a DL DVD (in DVD format) from a BluRay, it can be done kinda easily I’ve found.
First would be to load the BluRay m2ts files in TSRemux (if more than one m2ts file comprises of the movie…or you’d like to add several m2ts files together, then you’d need to join them together first using TSSplitter, into a single m2ts)… after the m2ts is loaded into TSRemux, check boxes of the video stream, and audio streams you plan to keep and remux… then using ConvertXtoDVD to convert that m2ts file to DVD format is fast and outputs extremely good quality DVD.
I’ve converted a 27 GB m2ts file of the Spiderman3 main movie into a 4.2 GB DVD5 and it’s every bit as crisp as the DVD of that movie. I did this out of necessity…lol… because I don’t want my kids or grandkids borrowing my BluRays, and I surely don’t want to buy the DVD version of a movie I already had in BD.

If this is not what evocsilver was wanting to do… no worries…

BTW… I actually found a discount of ConvertXtoDVD for $29.99… I’m sure that discount is still valid if you know how to find it… and I got it straight from the VSO sites pay site at that discount price.

[QUOTE=evocsilver;2171583]sorry for my english

there is no way i can make a "+DVD Double layer"
like a commercial one?
I mean the samsung 1500 see and play perfectly a commercial
film on a +DVD double layer…so the solution’d be this:
“i have to burn a +DL like a commercial one”

…dunno if my english is good enough :smiley:

any tips?

thx![/QUOTE]

As you found out, Dual Layer stands for DVD-R DL and Double Layer for DVD+R DL media.

You [B]cannot[/B] burn DL media “like a commercial one” because they are PRESSED!

Even if you booktype a DVD+R DL, the disctype will always remain DVD+R…

[QUOTE=MBK;2171692]Well if evocsilver is talking of making a DL DVD (in DVD format) from a BluRay, it can be done kinda easily I’ve found.
First would be to load the BluRay m2ts files in TSRemux (if more than one m2ts file comprises of the movie…or you’d like to add several m2ts files together, then you’d need to join them together first using TSSplitter, into a single m2ts)… after the m2ts is loaded into TSRemux, check boxes of the video stream, and audio streams you plan to keep and remux… then using ConvertXtoDVD to convert that m2ts file to DVD format is fast and outputs extremely good quality DVD.
I’ve converted a 27 GB m2ts file of the Spiderman3 main movie into a 4.2 GB DVD5 and it’s every bit as crisp as the DVD of that movie. I did this out of necessity…lol… because I don’t want my kids or grandkids borrowing my BluRays, and I surely don’t want to buy the DVD version of a movie I already had in BD.

If this is not what evocsilver was wanting to do… no worries…

BTW… I actually found a discount of ConvertXtoDVD for $29.99… I’m sure that discount is still valid if you know how to find it… and I got it straight from the VSO sites pay site at that discount price.[/QUOTE]

thx but if you read the first post, i just used “tsMuxeR. anydvd and RipBot264”!!!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2171649]Well, if you are going from a blu ray disk and are trying to make a BD-5 or BD-9 disk (blu ray format on a dvd or dual layer dvd) then you may have problems simply because Samsung doesn’t support those very well, if at all. There may be nothing wrong with the first two you made, not in another brand of player. Did you find a way to test them?

If you want to convert the blu ray movie to dvd-format, you’d have to reencode the video from its present form which is probably VC-1 or H264 over to mpeg2 found on regular dvds. There are some blu ray movies encoded with mpeg2, but the bitrates are much higher and even they would have to be reencoded to fit regular dvd standards.

This is possible, I’ve done it once myself, but not simple. I never did find a way using free tools…I just didn’t come up with an AviSynth script that would work going to the free mpeg2 encoders that I had, not with a blu ray VC-1 video as input. I wound up doing it with ProCoder, but that is a very expensive tool and there is no guarantee it would work for you.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday i changed my BD-1500 with a PS3 and now the +DVD dual layer
work great, the video and audio are “superb”!! :smiley:

ho well, so using “ProCoder 3” i’ll have better output video and sound?
i mean, better then using “tsMuxeR. anydvd and RipBot264”?

tyvm to all! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=evocsilver;2172463]thx but if you read the first post, i just used “tsMuxeR. anydvd and RipBot264”!!!

Yesterday i changed my BD-1500 with a PS3 and now [B]the +DVD dual layer [/B]
work great, the video and audio are “superb”!! :smiley:

ho well, so using “ProCoder 3” i’ll have better output video and sound?
i mean, better then using “tsMuxeR. anydvd and RipBot264”?

tyvm to all! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

There is none such thing…

Glad to hear you got things working with the PS3. I thought your main problem might have been your Samsung player.

Using Procoder was an experiment in converting blu ray to regular dvd. You don’t need to do that now.

[QUOTE=evocsilver;2172463]thx but if you read the first post, i just used “tsMuxeR. anydvd and RipBot264”!!!

[/QUOTE]

That’s why I stated that if it’s not what you were referring to, ‘no worries’…
just that you were having issues. Not familiar with RipBot264… does it do similar as TSRemux?

[QUOTE=MBK;2172832]That’s why I stated that if it’s not what you were referring to, ‘no worries’…
just that you were having issues. Not familiar with RipBot264… does it do similar as TSRemux?[/QUOTE]

not so similar, but you have to try it, its great and
the output video/audio are superb!

the only thing is that i need 4/6 hours with my Q9550/8800GTX/Raptor 10.000rpm to convert a full blu ray film! but its ok!

[QUOTE=evocsilver;2172839]not so similar, but you have to try it, its great and
the output video/audio are superb!

the only thing is that i need 4/6 hours with my Q9550/8800GTX/Raptor 10.000rpm to convert a full blu ray film! but its ok![/QUOTE]

4 to 6 Hours?? to convert it to what?? lol

I only use TSRemux to extract the main movie m2ts file from my BluRay rips, and play it directly from my HDD to my HD-TV via DVI to HDMI so no need to encode those files at all. Quality couldn’t be better.

And I’m still wondering what you’re talking of when you say you are creating a DVD DL or two DVD single layer discs?? Still not quite sure what RipBot264 converts to if you are putting it on a DVD DL disc? You’re converting 25+ GBs down to 8.5 GBs?
If so, I gotta tell you that ConvertXtoDVD converted that 27 GB Spidey main movie m2ts to DVD format in just over an hour… and the quality is as good as any DL commercially ‘pressed’ DVD, so I don’t see that getting any better either if it’s being put onto a 8.5 GB DVD DL??

If I’m misunderstanding what you’re posting, my bad… you’re english is good enough, maybe I’m just not reading it correctly. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

ho well…

“TSRemux to extract the main movie m2ts file” is simple and fast, i know.

I’m using RipBot264, to make a DVD Dual layer, with a blu-ray structure, and it take a lot of time! But i can play it on my PS3 with almost the same quality (audio & video) of the same original blu-ray disc.
So i dont have to use a blu-ray blank disk, but just a dual layer disc :smiley: with superb quality!!!

I’m using also RipBot264 to make “.mkv” files, from the blu-ray disc,
to play with my media tank egreat M31B. quality? Superb!!
(example: a film on blu-ray disk 15gb, the “.mkv” file 9gb)

do you check what you can do with RipBot264?

[QUOTE=evocsilver;2173189]

[B]I’m using RipBot264, to make a DVD Dual layer, with a blu-ray structure, [/B]and it take a lot of time! But i can play it on my PS3 [B]with almost the same quality (audio & video) of the same original blu-ray disc.[/B]
So i dont have to use a blu-ray blank disk, but just a dual layer disc :smiley: with superb quality!!!

I’m using also RipBot264 to make “.mkv” files, from the blu-ray disc,
to play with my media tank egreat M31B. quality? Superb!!
(example: a film on blu-ray disk 15gb, the “.mkv” file 9gb)

do you check what you can do with RipBot264?[/QUOTE]

If that is indeed true I’m going to have to try it out for certain. I’d be blown away if it still looked like BluRay going from 27 GBs down to 8.5 GBs.

I hadn’t known what RipBot264 could do, but I will try it out now… Thanks. :wink:

yw mbk!
what i’d like to know now is…

there is another program like this
but “faster”? that use really all the power of
dual or quad core processor?
Also if its not free?

ty! :smiley:

[QUOTE=evocsilver;2173473]yw mbk!
what i’d like to know now is…

there is another program like this
but “faster”? that use really all the power of
dual or quad core processor?
Also if its not free?

ty! :D[/QUOTE]

Well it’s not free and it doesn’t output a BluRay compatible file, but it can encode from a 25+ m2ts file down to a 8.5 DL disc in just over an hour, maybe 90 minutes tops. And the quality seems to be better than any commercial original DVD. And for my system, the core temps only goes up to 40- 45C while ConvertXtoDVD is converting.

You can try ConvertXtoDVD for yourself and judge if it’s comparable to your RipBot output.
Free trial just has a message hard-coded in thoughout the movie.
And these DVD back-ups can be played on any player… BluRay or DVD.

[QUOTE=MBK;2173582]Well it’s not free and it doesn’t output a BluRay compatible file, but it can encode from a 25+ m2ts file down to a 8.5 DL disc in just over an hour, maybe 90 minutes tops. And the quality seems to be better than any commercial original DVD. And for my system, the core temps only goes up to 40- 45C while ConvertXtoDVD is converting.

You can try ConvertXtoDVD for yourself and judge if it’s comparable to your RipBot output.
Free trial just has a message hard-coded in thoughout the movie.
And these DVD back-ups can be played on any player… BluRay or DVD.[/QUOTE]

tyvm mbk !!!
i’ll give it a try :bigsmile: