Problem playing Dual-Layer burns

i’ve been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD for a while and keep them updated. using 6.1.3.0 AnyDVD and 2.9.0.1 CloneDVD. All of my previous single layer movies have worked just fine and i recently purchased some Memorex DVD+R DL’s for my DL drive. and none of them have worked. my dvd player will read + and -. I’ve tried doing straight copies and i’ve also tried copying to hard drive in iso format then burning from that and everything at 1x speed. nothing seems to work. it will only play on the computer i burnt it on. not even my laptop which i tend to watch a lot of my movies on. i used a Lite-on SHW-160P6S to burn the movie. i’ve never had any problems with any of my single layer burns. only DL. any help would greatly be appreciated

Dump the memorex. Throw them in the trash or try to get your money back. Worldwide, only one manufacturer of DL media provides reliable quality. Buy only Verbatim DL +R media and set your burner to booktype them to the DVD-ROM standard.

Is your burner firmware updated? I don’t know about whisper but I used those brand of memorex DL and didn’t have problem with them?

@ zinzara,

Memorex Media especially DL Media is absolute garbage and should be avoided. Memorex DL Media is manufacture by CMC Magnetics Taiwan and CMC Magnetics Taiwan has a well-documented history of producing inferior poor quality problematic DVD Media. If you doubt that assessment concerning Memorex DL Media just perform a Forum Search on the topic.

At this date/time the only DL Media that produces quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. Experimenting with any other DL Media other than Verbatim DVD DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media will produce unacceptable results.

I echo Forum Member coolcolors suggestion concerning ensuring that your DVD Burner has the most current up to date Firmware that is available. Suggest visiting the CD Freaks DVD Burner Forum for assistance with DVD Burner Firmware ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Regards,
bjkg