Problem Opening DVD in DVDFAB Platinum

vbimport

Hi all - I’m trying to open a DVD movie in DVDFAB Platinum (already compressed to 4.3G) . It reads the DVD, but shows no files. The DVD does have a problem finding the main menu (found this out by opening DVD using RipIt4Me). I was hoping DVDFAB might be able to fix the problem (RipIt4Me/FixVTS was no help). Any suggestions? :frowning:

Is the disc you’re wanting to open in DVDFab an already-burned one, or an original commercial disc?

The details you’ve given are a little sketchy. If it’s an original disc, what’s the movie and are you using the most up-to-date version of DVDFab (4.1.2.0)?

The Movie is “Click” (Adam Sandler). It’s a backup copy of a movie I owned (I foolishly loaned out the original and it was lost :sad: ). Yes, I’m using DVDFAB (4.1.2.0). The backup copy is a bit messed up. The menu is there but the links from it don’t seem to work. DVDFAB will read the disc but shows no files at all (no movie, no nothing). I was hoping DVDFAB could maybe fix the menu links to the main movie and the chapters. Is this possible or is there a specific program I need?

Ok…if it’s a backup copy it doesn’t need to be ripped.

Try ImgBurn

[B]Mode > Read

Mode > Write[/B]

If you’re having trouble recovering the files from the backup copy, try ISOBuster to put the files on your HDD. Once there, you can use ImgBurn to put it on another disc.

[quote=7thSinger;2038515]Ok…if it’s a backup copy it doesn’t need to be ripped.

Try ImgBurn

[B]Mode > Read

Mode > Write[/B]

If you’re having trouble recovering the files from the backup copy, try ISOBuster to put the files on your HDD. Once there, you can use ImgBurn to put it on another disc.[/quote]

Not to be rude, but you obviously don’t understand my question/problem. :confused:

Let’s try it one more time:

If I put the said DVD in my player it displays a blank screen.
If I wish to go to the main menu I can -but- the “play movie” and the “chapter select” buttons (pointers?) do not operate.
I was trying to open the DVD in DVDFAB hoping that by reripping it the program would fix the pointers. DVDFAB sees NO files.
When looking at the said DVD in windows, all the files are there.
DVD Decrypter sees the files and rips them to the HDD alright. Burning said files to another disc does NOT fix the problem.
I’ve tries IfoEdit but can’t get it to fix the pointers.

If anyone here knows how to fix the pointers, kindly post a reply.

That’s it in a nut shell.

Yo-

DVD fab will not repair a swarmed disc (and I know of NO other program that will either)-

It will compress, copy and/or rip discs-eh

This backup that you are talking about what program was used to do the rip and backup,…if it was DVDFab which mode was used.
Next time go into common settings–> PathPlayer and change the setting to “[B]Always enable PathPlayer[/B]” the default is “Enable PathPlayer when necessary” which has a bug with that setting.
PathPlayer must be enabled if you plan on using any navigation.
and like stated above DVDFab will not fix something that has already be done.