Problem on copying port royale form ascaron

vbimport

hi,

does any1 have made axperience with port royale from ascaron. i´m unable to copy it. clony isn´t able to detect the protections....seems that there is a new protection...?!...

i would appreciate any comments..

greetz

awe007

look @ my threat :wink: i also have problems with that game

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48055

Check for \Data\Shared\Wave.aif file (81920 bytes).

If present on your disc then it is Tages and not yet copyable.

There is no such file on the disc. in the registry i have found something about VOB. I think this is 100% a newer version of ProtectCD without dummy files on the disc. lets see what olli can do :bow:

…yeah looks like its a 100% new protection type…i´ve tried different settings on clonecd but without a positive result…:-((

hmmm…damn…

greetz

awe007

@gabberhead…plz msg me vial email cyrus007@gmx.net or icq 1080329

thx

awe007

Can either of you hex the exe? Look for “VOB”. Searching the site will find numerous posts by me on ProtectCD because the bloody thing ‘had me’ for about two months.

Read data & audio at 8x
FES - auto
IBSS - off
regenerate sectors - off

Write is default - max is OK as the hard work is in the reading.

I have added a ProtectCD ‘read’ profile, found in one of the stickys about d/l profiles (not the zip, it’s not in there yet).

@ FutureProof

do you thin with the protectcd profile it is possible to copy port royale…? i thought it is a new copy protection…nevertheless i´ll try it…where do i found this zip file…

thx

awe007

The post is here with the link to the zip file, but, I haven’t put it into the zip file yet. You can make your own in the meantime. In the Select Reader Window, right click a blank area & select “new”, name it ProtectCD, right click that new profile and select edit to start making some changes.

…ok …but which settings…

these one

Read data & audio at 8x
FES - auto
IBSS - off
regenerate sectors - off

Write is default - max is OK as the hard work is in the reading.

???

thx awe007

…and waht the meaning of

FES - auto
IBSS - off

sorry…i don´t know the abbrivations…have chossen german language…

read data/audio subchannel

sorry to bother you…

thx

awe007

Originally posted by awe007
[B]…and waht the meaning of

FES - auto
IBSS - off

sorry…i don´t know the abbrivations…have chossen german language…

read data/audio subchannel

sorry to bother you…

thx

awe007 [/B]

FES is fast error skip; IBSS is intelligent bad sector scanner.

…an what´s about read audio/data subchannel…? on or off…?..i´ve tried it with on but the copy doesn´t work…:-((

greetz

awe007

I have just tried it too,no success. read:toshiba 1612,write:lite-on 40x. I`m working with the newest version of ccd 4.

The Profile has been added to the thread and the Zip-file. Thanks FutureProof!