Problem launching backup game

I just made a backup of Star Wars Battlefront 2 with alchol 120%. The problem is that when i try to launch it, it says to insert the original disc and not the backup one. How do i get past this? isnt’t Alcohol supposed to get past it?

What copy protection does the original have, and what settings did you use in Alcohol to create the image? Also, is this a CD or DVD?

quote=Jito463;1956834]What copy protection does the original have, and what settings did you use in Alcohol to create the image? Also, is this a CD or DVD?[/quote]

I don’t know what copy protection the original had, and what do you mean by settings?

its a cd

that’s what copy protection on discs is for, to keep casual copiers from getting them to work. most current protection is not by-passable with alcohol or clone.

@aedipuss
Actually, that’s not correct. While some newer versions of SecuROM blacklist the virtual drives, it’s still possible to make backup copies that work.

@applee
Download ProtectionID and scan the disc and/or install directory to find out what copy protection the game has. If you don’t make the image properly, it will not work.

lol so it works :slight_smile:

I scanned like all the files and it says it has securerom 7.1.2

Now how do i set alochol 120% to get past it?

If it’s a CD, you’ll get a dropdown box with options for various settings, and you’ll want to choose the [B]SecuROM *New (4/5/7)[/B]. Set the DPM (Data Precision Measurement) for high precision, and slow reading.

If it’s a DVD, choose DPM from the selection boxes, and choose High Precision and Maximum read speed.

ok but off topic…

will your cd burner like break, or not work if you burn too much stuff with it?

I cant find the DPM where is it >____> k nvm found it

it doesnt work :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :confused: I did everything

It just says Insert Disc 1

it doesnt even say “do not put in backup” like my last backup did

Then you need to use the original disc…

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:eek:

Yes. :doh: