Problem In Burning Dvd!

Hi.

I just bought a new ‘Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A’ with firmware version 1.01. It is an external DVD Burner which I use in my laptop as the original one is not working.

I wanted to burn a DVD+RW on it but it doesn’t get burned completely. The burn process stops at about 65%-70% and my drive ejects the disc. When I load my disc back in, it shows that all the file contents are burned in it but only a few of them actually run.

I have tried Nero burning software and Sonic Record Now and Cyberlink Power2Go. But they all give the same problem and show an error.

Please Help!!

[QUOTE=telegram;1972535]Hi.

I just bought a new ‘Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A’ with firmware version 1.01. It is an external DVD Burner which I use in my laptop as the original one is not working.

I wanted to burn a DVD+RW on it but it doesn’t get burned completely. The burn process stops at about 65%-70% and my drive ejects the disc. When I load my disc back in, it shows that all the file contents are burned in it but only a few of them actually run.

I have tried Nero burning software and Sonic Record Now and Cyberlink Power2Go. But they all give the same problem and show an error.

Please Help!![/QUOTE]

You didn’t give a spec on what kinda O/S you using and what software version your referring to?? Also what kinda media are you using and what is your burn speed? Also are you multitasking when your burning?? What does the exact error say or message say ?? What DVD are you trying to burn and does the source by itself play and work? Also Nero and Sonic don’t like to co-exist on the same computer… Also what do you mean burn a DVD+RW??? Most movie dvd are DVD9 format and some DVD5 format? So what are you exactly trying to burn??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1972594]You didn’t give a spec on what kinda O/S you using and what software version your referring to?? Also what kinda media are you using and what is your burn speed? Also are you multitasking when your burning?? What does the exact error say or message say ?? What DVD are you trying to burn and does the source by itself play and work? Also Nero and Sonic don’t like to co-exist on the same computer… Also what do you mean burn a DVD+RW??? Most movie dvd are DVD9 format and some DVD5 format? So what are you exactly trying to burn??[/QUOTE]
Sorry for not giving the specs. I’m new here.

Well, my problem is fixed now but thanks anyways. Actually it was a problem in the source file itself. I was burning video files and one of those files showed a CRC error. That’s probably why my Sonic was giving me an error like ‘the file must have been moved or deleted’ and I was having problems while playing the file itself
. So I just cut a part of the video file and burned it and now its burned onto the DVD.

Actually I’m using imation dvd and on the dvd its written ‘DVD+RW/4x’ and its of 4.7GB, 2hr capacity. I think its a DVD5 format.

Thanks.

That’s good to hear…