Problem: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-4166B

Ok, so as you could guess frmo the thread title, I own a LG HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-4166B (CD/DVD Burner). For some reason I cannot get it to recognize ANY CD or DVDs what-so-ever. Its been like this for about a year and I have been extremely lazy with remedying the problem. To get some technical information out of the way, here is my set-up…

ATi Radeon X1650 PRO 512mb [AGP 4X/8X]
2GB of DDR kensington memory
ASUS A7N8X motherboard [nForce2]
2x HDDS 120GB and 250GB
550w PowerFlower PSU

IDE Channel 1: HDD 1 (120GB)
IDE Channel 2: 1= [LG DVD Burner] 2(Slave)=HDD 2 (250GB)

It recognizes the DVD burner alright in the BIOS utilizing the proper name and everything but when I look at “My Computer” it lists it as a DVD-RAM drive and when I put a CD or DVD in and click into it, it just shows a blank. Doesn’t even register that there is a CD or DVD even in the drive!!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Please help.

[QUOTE=DCasper;1956844]Ok, so as you could guess frmo the thread title, I own a LG HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-4166B (CD/DVD Burner). For some reason I cannot get it to recognize [B]ANY[/B] CD or DVDs what-so-ever. Its been like this for about a year and I have been extremely lazy with remedying the problem. To get some technical information out of the way, here is my set-up…

ATi Radeon X1650 PRO 512mb [AGP 4X/8X]
2GB of DDR kensington memory
ASUS A7N8X motherboard [nForce2]
2x HDDS 120GB and 250GB
550w PowerFlower PSU

IDE Channel 1: HDD 1 (120GB)
IDE Channel 2: 1= [LG DVD Burner] 2(Slave)=HDD 2 (250GB)

[B]It recognizes the DVD burner alright in the BIOS utilizing the proper name and everything but when I look at “My Computer” it lists it as a DVD-RAM drive and when I put a CD or DVD in and click into it, it just shows a blank. Doesn’t even register that there is a CD or DVD even in the drive!![/B]

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Please help.[/QUOTE]

This is normal for windooze.
It has no real dvd support and cannot deal with BLANK dvd media.
Open up a dvd burning software, choose the content and then burn it to dvd.