Problem getting my 2500A to burn dvd's

It just arrived today along with a Nero cd. There was no installation/driver cd…which I hope is the problem.

I use it with my 1 1/2 year old laptop at the studio and do not have an internet connection there.

Am I up a creek?

Burns cd’s fine if you call 32x fine.

The only dvd media I had is some khypermedia dvd+rw 2.4x. Tells me I am using the wrong “media” when I try to burn a DVD and the disc pops out. Definitely a no go.

I’m a photographer, not a computer guy. I am expanding into videography which got me into burning dvd’s.

Advice please. :bow:

No drivers are needed in Windows for a DVD writer (unless it supports DVD-RAM, in which case there may be a little utility you really should install to allow you to format DVD-RAM discs). Certainly you need no drivers for a ND-2500A in any version of Windows.

What version of Nero was on the CD? If 5.5, upgrade to 5.5.10.56 from ftp://ftp4.nero.com/Nero551056.exe - all earlier versions don’t support the ND-2500A properly. If it’s Nero 6, pick up 6.3.1.6 from the Nero web site.

32x is all that the ND-2500A supports on CD-R media - it’s not as fast as some dedicated CD-RW drives, but most drives only get to the higher speeds at the edge of the disc, so it’s not as bad a loss as 32x to 48x or 52x sounds.

If you still have problems, post the log from a failed burn attempt in Nero (though do cut off the top two or three lines that contain your name and the Nero serial number).

David

The problem was the khpermedia made by cmc. I burned on a Princo 4x today.

The Nero version is 6.3 I believe but I’m not too thrilled with it really.

Seems that I have seen members speak more highly of other software.

You could try doing a FULL format on the Khypermedia DVD+RW, and then trying to burn onto it again. If that doesn’t work, it is very likely that it is a bad disc.

Originally posted by wesociety
You could try doing a FULL format on the Khypermedia DVD+RW, and then trying to burn onto it again. If that doesn’t work, it is very likely that it is a bad disc.
Microcenter was gracious about taking them back.

I bought some new discs off the internet. Seller calims they are made by Onidtech after leading me to believe they were Princo.

Never heard mention of Onidtech anywhere but they are burning well. Now one ponders the longevity issues.

But then how often do we really use media over 10 years old?