Problem Formatting the 32GB CF Card

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Kingston 32GB Compact Flash Elite Pro 133x. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I reformatted my Kingston 32GB card in my camera and it reformatted it as 8GB instead of 32GB. I then tried to reformat it on my laptop with Fat32 and it still will only recognize 8GB. My camera recognized it as 30.2GB with no problem. How do I get it back to 32GB? Thanks

[QUOTE=Reddog12;2309124][qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Kingston 32GB Compact Flash Elite Pro 133x. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I reformatted my Kingston 32GB card in my camera and it reformatted it as 8GB instead of 32GB. I then tried to reformat it on my laptop with Fat32 and it still will only recognize 8GB. My camera recognized it as 30.2GB with no problem. How do I get it back to 32GB? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your camera (at least with its currently installed firmware version) does not properly support the Int13h Extensions which would have allowed support of anything larger than 8GB. CF (Compact Flash) devices internally use the P-ATA (Parallel ATA) interface for data transfers and thus are dictated by the support of the Int13h Extensions (or lack thereof). And when you reformatted in the computer, it did not change anything.

In the case of your camera, it can write to pre-formatted partitions larger than 8GB but cannot properly format anything larger than 8GB. Your particular card reader is also restricted by this lack of support for the Int13h Extensions.