Problem for watching dvd movie with xp

I have found error message when i am trying to see dvd for movies and it keeps saying INSER DISK , so please help me i have window xp OS and i have just download the window media player 11, please tell me

Hello Raj, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Rather than using Media Player, you might like to try the free VLC player (which plays many audio/video formats including DVD movies).

I’ve moved your thread to our Newbie forum for further advice and suggestions :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Raj2323;2220943]I have found error message when i am trying to see dvd for movies and it keeps saying INSER DISK , so please help me i have window xp OS and i have just download the window media player 11, please tell me[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what is going on with your WMP11 but I have WMP11 with all the updates and it will play a DVD but you won’t get all the fancy feature and menu with a dedicated dvd player software will give you. Are you sure you choose the dvd player from your driver list?? Does your dvd media drive show up on your computer properly and play other media correctly??

If it is a commercial pressed DVD, than it should work, unless you are doing something wrong.
If it is burned DVD than it could be a problem. In that case try VLC (free), like [B]Arachne[/B] suggest, that one will play them all.