Problem Flashing DVD1040 to Lite-On

vbimport

Since I’m new here I’ll make my first thread and say hello with a problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read the guides posted here to Flash the HP DVD1040 to a Lite-on LH-20A1H.

I’ve downloaded the necessary tools like flash and eeprom utility.

The problem I’m having is with those utilities.

When I try to extract a backup of the firmware both utilities say: “Error reading FLASH from drive.”

Did I miss a step that hasn’t been written here or am I an isolated case?

The firmware that is current on it is HPs EH24. There’s an update to EH25 I do believe. Is this my problem?

I’m trying to install Windows 7 but the “HP” drive isn’t compatible. Of course the Lite-On is.

Any suggestions?
Thank you

I don’t believe you can use the liteon utils on the HP drive. Only liteon drives.

afaik it has been done since the HP is actually a Lite-On

http://club.myce.com/f44/changing-hp-dvd-witer-back-liteon-225961/

Hi,

this issue could be related to the drivers for the Sata controllers you are using. Could you tell us something about your motherboard, especially chipset and optional storage controllers?

There are often problems with Via, Nvidia and Marvell controllers…

Michael

MOBO: SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
springdale p-6a79as2ac-00

I’m not sure how to find the other information but my drive is an IDE drive not SATA.

EDIT: I think this is what you’re looking for.

Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers 24D1
Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers 24DB

Hi,[QUOTE=ohnoy2k;2520678]MOBO: SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
springdale p-6a79as2ac-00

I’m not sure how to find the other information but my drive is an IDE drive not SATA.[quote]thanks for the information and correcting me :slight_smile:

This chipset should be fine, normally. Unless you have Intel’s “Application Accelerator” installed.

Other thoughts:
There is something wrong with the cable (make sure, it’s a 18" (46cm) flat ribbon cable with 80 conductors)
Some software is interfering. You happen to have Deamon Tools or similar installed?

Michael

Yeah I have daemon tools and similar software installed. I removed all emulated drives. Could these programs still be a problem?

My drive is functioning 100% so I don’t think it would be the cable eh?

I just had my computer completely disassembled the other day. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary

[QUOTE=ohnoy2k;2520789]Yeah I have daemon tools and similar software installed. I removed all emulated drives. Could these programs still be a problem?[/QUOTE]Yes. Deamon Tools install a SPTI driver. This beast sometimes causes problems with other software.

Michael

I’ve removed all tools in the DVD emulation/decryption field. Restarted and still gives the error.

I think I’m going to install this drive in a different computer and try from there.

All I want to do is install windows 7 XD