Problem:Dshow error

vbimport

I have been testing out a Hauppuage card.
I installed all of the software related to the card.
I started off using WinTv2000 to capture vhs tape.
I was going through the different setting to determine which were support by the card.

I was able to go through all of the setting and capture a file.
Then I tried the Amcap program that was inititally installed with the capture card. I tried to run it but it hung up and would not respond.

It seem since this happen I can not use the WinTv2000 to capture anything.
If I start a capture it gives me the following error:
Stream Dshow error
RunGraph: Run () failed the system can not find the path specifed
(0x8007003)

I have tried to search for a solution or explaination to this problem but I have come up empty.

Do you need more information? Can you help?

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=3800

Maybe try posting/perusing in Hauppuage’s forums.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/index.php

Thanks for the reply MysticEyes,
I checked them out in many cases the only resolution was to delete all installed software and drivers and reninstall, the items for the card. So I did and the problem went away.
Still I would have like to determine what actually caused the problem in the first place.
One can not learn from ones mistakes if one does not know what mistake he made.

Thank you for your reply

[QUOTE=gargoyle_xlvii;1692798]I have been testing out a Hauppuage card.
I installed all of the software related to the card.
I started off using WinTv2000 to capture vhs tape.
I was going through the different setting to determine which were support by the card.

I was able to go through all of the setting and capture a file.
Then I tried the Amcap program that was inititally installed with the capture card. I tried to run it but it hung up and would not respond.

It seem since this happen I can not use the WinTv2000 to capture anything.
If I start a capture it gives me the following error:
[B]Stream Dshow error
RunGraph: Run () failed the system can not find the path specifed
(0x8007003)
[/B]
I have tried to search for a solution or explaination to this problem but I have come up empty.

Do you need more information? Can you help?[/QUOTE]

I know this thread is more than two years old, and I may try the other places to look also, but in case someone else views this thread, I’ll just say that I’ve started to look for a solution to my problem, which is similar to yours in a way.

The person who started the thread mentioned the Stream DShow Error message when trying a capture, well I never had received an error like that since I started using the Windows Media Center back in 2005, but also when I downloaded CD 3.2 from the Hauppauge website for the drivers and setup for the PVR500 I have, and I guess it was like two PVR150’s put together.

In any case, I have just yesterday started receiving this error message myself, except the details of my error is “StartEncoder: No Data from Encoder Unspecified error (0x80004005)” is what I see.

I tried uninstalling it completely, then rebooting, I tried re-installing it, still had the error message, then I tried even using the program that clears everything, the HCWClear or whatever it’s called and it didn’t do any good.

I always rebooted after removing, and also installing, the software.

The radio works and the TV works, it’s only when I try to record something that the error message started, which I never had before, and it may have happened after Service Pack 1 installed as that installed yesterday.

I had been using Mandriva and OpenSUSE Linux, but have now tried going back to WIN-Vista.

In any case, I did a search for this problem and this was the first result, so now I’m going to try other results.

I have even tried the CD 3.4 version from the Hauppauge website, but that doesn’t show anything on the installation list when first starting to install the program, like what it shows on CD 3.2.

I see that they have a decoder upgrade there, which I downloaded, but I wonder about the encoder, why that’s not working.

Well I’ll have to think about it for a while and maybe I can solve the problem myself.

Have a Great Day,
Bernard

[QUOTE=Bernielj77;2263793]I know this thread is more than two years old, and I may try the other places to look also, but in case someone else views this thread, I’ll just say that I’ve started to look for a solution to my problem, which is similar to yours in a way.

The person who started the thread mentioned the Stream DShow Error message when trying a capture, well I never had received an error like that since I started using the Windows Media Center back in 2005, but also when I downloaded CD 3.2 from the Hauppauge website for the drivers and setup for the PVR500 I have, and I guess it was like two PVR150’s put together.

In any case, I have just yesterday started receiving this error message myself, except the details of my error is “StartEncoder: No Data from Encoder Unspecified error (0x80004005)” is what I see.

I tried uninstalling it completely, then rebooting, I tried re-installing it, still had the error message, then I tried even using the program that clears everything, the HCWClear or whatever it’s called and it didn’t do any good.

I always rebooted after removing, and also installing, the software.

The radio works and the TV works, it’s only when I try to record something that the error message started, which I never had before, and it may have happened after Service Pack 1 installed as that installed yesterday.

I had been using Mandriva and OpenSUSE Linux, but have now tried going back to WIN-Vista.

In any case, I did a search for this problem and this was the first result, so now I’m going to try other results.

I have even tried the CD 3.4 version from the Hauppauge website, but that doesn’t show anything on the installation list when first starting to install the program, like what it shows on CD 3.2.

I see that they have a decoder upgrade there, which I downloaded, but I wonder about the encoder, why that’s not working.

Well I’ll have to think about it for a while and maybe I can solve the problem myself.

Have a Great Day,
Bernard[/QUOTE]

Somewhere along the way my error message has gone away.

I don’t know which “step” helped me, but I use WIN-Vista, and in there, instead of “Add/Remove Program,” it’s something like, “Uninstall” under the “Programs” heading in the Control Panel, or if I go to the “Classic View,” it’s “Programs and Features” where you get to where you can uninstall programs, but what I did was to uninstall the video driver that’s something like, “InterVideo FilterSDK for Hauppauge,” or something like that, then I uninstalled everything that started with, “Hauppauge…,” then I rebooted the computer and if the automatic updates didn’t start, I ran the “Windows Update,” which updated the driver for the PVR500 card.

I then re-installed the software for WIN-TV, the CD 3.2 version is what showed on the support for the PVR500 card I have, but it said that there wasn’t any hardware for it, so nothing installed, except the driver maybe, so I went to the support page for the PVR150, which showed version CD 3.4, and that did install the WIN-TV and WIN-TV Radio, plus the others, but I also had downloaded the “extra” WINTV2000, because I like the looks of it, but WIN-TV32 isn’t bad, or maybe WIN-TV, but one of them I don’t care for, so now it works fine, records fine, just like it used to do.

I think there was a bad driver, or a driver that wasn’t compatible, or something like that.

I will say this however, and that is, one time I could hear the radio and the audio from WIN-TV2000, but I saw no picture, so I ran the program called “Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility,” which was in one of the folders of either CD 3.2 or CD 3.4, or maybe both versions, and I think it was in the MISC folder, but I may be mistaken, or you can download that utility from the Windows Update site, if you’re using a “Genuine” copy of the Windows operating system, as it will check for that before you can download the checkup utility, which for search purposes I think is something like “DECCHECK.EXE,” which you can download and run to see if you’re using a “recommended driver,” recommended for both Windows Media Player 10 and also compatible with the Windows Media Center.

With WIN-Vista though, I have found out that even though you can view what you have set up as the preferred decoder, using the DECCHECK.EXE program, you can’t change the setting unless you run the “WIN XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility” under the administrator, and the easiest way I know of for doing that isn’t to log out and then log in as the administrator, or even to switch users to log in as administrator, but once you install DECCHECK.EXE, just go to the Start Menu, then to the “WIndows Media” folder, then right-click on the checkup utility program, then click on where it says “Run as Administrator” on the pull-down menu, or pop-up menu, etc., which will allow the program to run as administrator, then you can choose a different decoder. Right now, the one that’s working for me is listed as, “Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder P2GVSD.ax 6.0.0.2310.”

I did one time use an Intervideo one that worked also, but only after I had clicked on the “Check for Update” button, but one of them worked and one of them didn’t work when I checked for an update and as long as the Cyberlink decoder is working, I’m not going to “monkey” with it so to speak.