Problem crossflashing OEM 1655

vbimport

Guys,

I am having a problem with my new 1655 Benq OEM Burner. I got the OEM 1655 burner with F/W G* and I tried to use the BQFlasher.exe but when I do use I get no Burner in the select menu to crossflash. Is there any other way to forcefully use the bqflasher.exe to crossflash to benq 1655 B* F/W. Please let me know how I can do that.

thanks

Guys,

I am having a problem with my new 1655 Benq OEM Burner. I got the OEM 1655 burner with F/W G* and I tried to use the BQFlasher.exe but when I do use I get no Burner in the select menu to crossflash. Is there any other way to forcefully use the bqflasher.exe to crossflash to benq 1655 B* F/W. Please let me know how I can do that.

thanks

Maybe your aspi layer got corrupted. If Nero’s wnaspi32 doesn’t work, you can try alternative aspi layer; frogaspi.
:wink:

@sunnyoc
Welcome and sorry to hear you are having problems, BQFlasher will not work on drives in external enclosures. I do not know much about Tech. issues but someone will help you if this is not your problem. :slight_smile:

Have you put a copy of the Nero ASPI (can be downloaded from Nero) in the same directory as BQ Flasher as per the instructions? If you haven’t you will see this error.

BQ Flasher will work on with external enclosure, I am not an expert but I did a few with mine

guys,

i am not using an external enclosure. its inside my pc. I have verified that there is wnaspi32.dll in the same directory where the f/w is there. i have upgraded nero (should i saw removed and installed the latest version of nero 7) and i am assuming the aspi shouldnt have a problem. I will try to see if this happens when i go in safe boot. i will edit once i am done there.

sunnyoc

I believe that the aspi file has to be in the same directory as BQ Flasher not the firmware. I had the same problems as you with the wnaspi.ddl file from Nero site, I am now using the one that pinto2 recommends with no problems. Hope you get your drive flashed.

[QUOTE=mcx6]sunnyoc

I believe that the aspi file has to be in the same directory as BQ Flasher not the firmware.

You are right the aspi has to be in the same folder with bqflasher to work.

Guys,

I think I messed up the dvd writer. Now the green light comes on the drive constantly and I dont even see it on windows (nero tool or dvdinfopro). I think its a toast now. Let me know if anyone thinks its not.

you’ll have to give a little more info!

what did you do before the drive stopped being recognized?
were you using bqflasher? did you but the aspi file in the same folder as bq?

anything odd happen during the flash?

The constant green lite staying on is normal with BenQ drive if you have the disc on the drive but in empty position the lite should go off. As for drive not being recognized by Nero tools go to the windows "MyComputer/DeviceManager/DVDROM click on the DVDROM and see if your drive is there if yes then the drive is OK.

this is what I observed during the flash, After putting the frogaspi dll in the same directory as the bqflasher.exe, then bqflasher.exe recognized the drive and I started flashing. But it said “Flash Failed”(never got the successfull flash message). So I thought the flashing process failed and I waited for 15 minutes and then rebooted the machine. Once I rebooted the machine, the pc recognized it as Benq 1655 during booting process(in the bios) but when the pc booted completely it said CD-ROM only. I looked at nero and it doesnt show any dvd writers (i have dvd reader and this is the only dvd writer in my machine). But I cant check what TCAS has told me to do but I will check it up once I go home. I dont know if I messed up or it was a faulty one to begin with(I have flash drives before atleast 5 or 6 of them from NEC 2500 to Benq 1620). But this one really proved to be a thorn(Initially I was happy to get a benq 1655 in one shot from staples deal). Please let me know if I can rectify this baby.

thanks

Hi :slight_smile:
sunnyoc, firstly if you mean this (see pic 1) then it’s usual for drives to be displayed in this manner by Windows.
In device manager (see pic2) you should see a true description of your drives.
However this should be the case with Nero (see pic 3)
I suggest you download the f/w again (in case there’s a problem with the original downloaded f/w) & then try flashing that (the same f/w version). Assuming the BenQ flasher recognises your drive. Let us know what happens once you’ve done this & if necessary we can look at other options.