Problem creating a new thread

Hi. Is anyone having any problem creating a new thread right now?

Seems like no problem here. I just tried to creat a new thread in BenQ forum but I got “The connection was reset” in Firefox and the thread doesn’t show up. When re-post it said “This thread is a duplicate of a thread that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to the thread listings.”

Could a moderator have a look at that post and see what the problem is? I will try again tomorrow. Please do not make it appear yet as I will have to edit it first.

Thanks.

I too am getting similar results in both firefox and IE - after creating a new thread , it appears blank - when trying to resubmit the thread - there appears to be a duplicate - still no luck…

Still the same problem. Can’t post a new thread in BenQ forum!

i tried to reduce the character length on the topic title - and it went through… see if that works man.

Wow. Thanks, MrClark!

Avoiding certain characters may also help sometimes.

Problem is, we use (near) original third party software for this forum. Any bugs may be reported here, but please be aware that in most cases that it involves the code of this script, there is very little we can do about it.

And forum upgrades are not as easy to implement with such a large forum as this that also has some fine tuning applied (some fine tuning will have to be applied all over again after each update)…but Liggy can correct me here if I am wrong :wink:

Nothing wrong Tax, but a small addition:

An upgrade would mean that we had to upgrade to a 3.5* which needs a lot of work changing templates to make them look the same again and I’m sure you know why this is not done at the moment :wink:

I have the same problem for about two weeks now. I can’t create a new thread in some forums. I am using IE and I receive the following error message:

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://club.cdfreaks.com/newthread.php

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

However, the problem seems to exist only in specific forums and not all.

I’m having the exact same issue. Phew, I’m glad that I’m not the only one experiencing this annoying problem. For a second there I thought some staff members were playing tricks on me. Perhaps I am paranoid lol. I’m going to try to modify my topic title of my proposed thread that I’m endeavoring to create. Wish me luck! :wink:

Edit

OMGWTFBBQ! Success!! :clap: I removed the - character from my thread topic and now I’m one happy twit indeed lol. So DVDRW SOHW-1673S won’t burn DVD+R at 4x became Can’t burn at slower speeds with SOHW 1673S JS0D Problem solved! Thanks Da_Taxman :bow:

I just disabled a function in the forum software that probably caused these problems.