Problem Copying Movies with CLoneDVD2

I am having a problem with CloneDVD2. My DVD Player (Sony 5 DVD/CD Changer, about 5 years old) will recongize some copied DVD’s and not others (no to The Accedental Spy , yes to RV). Also most of my copies (not all) have some sort of glitches on them and some stop in the middle of movies and will not play any further. I have used different types of media (TDK, HP, all DVD+R) and two different movies on the some media and one will work and one will not. I have looked on different forums and I have upgraded to the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and I am still having the same problem. I also have cleaned the lens and tried to burn the same movies at different speeds and I am still having the same problem. I have a HP Lightscribe burner with Windows XP Media Center 2005. Please help me because this is really starting to frustrate me and I have been wasting a lot of media.

Double Posting ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=190731

@BeLooken
Well seen, good catch :cop:

@Dienxe
You didn´t write this time you´re using illegal versions of slysoft, but it´s stil the same. Probably, you should better try downloading the trial versions from Slysoft.

I closed your previous post because you said you were using hacked versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. This is your problem. You will not get any help here using hacked versions of software. Just changing the wording in your post now is useless. Buy the software and you just might see different results. Also try using some quality media and burning at a slower speed. This is all the advice I will be giving you. Do not post this problem again until you have purchased the software from Slysoft or Elby.

Truer words could not have been spoken. Hacked software is quite unreliable and obviously undeserving of support. However, media choice is very important. If you search this forum you’ll find out what media is recommended. Also, check to make sure your player is fully compatible with DVD + media. If not, you may have to consider bitsetting your media, switching to - format, or getting a new player. I think Alan is being kind in allowing this thread to stay open. This is all the advice you are likely to get, however.

I have tried those and I am still having the same problems. I guess I misunderstood because what we are talking about is illegal (copying DVD’s) and I didn’t ask anyone for that type of software. A friend gave it to me and I am just trying to fiqure out how to use it. If that is a problem I am sorry I didn’t mean to upset anyone, I just wanted to give as much information as I could. Maybe you should clarify that better in the rules of the forum.
I have tried copying at slower speeds and looking on this forum I have been told that the media I am using is of good quality.

What you stated in your original post was that you were using a hacked version of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. THAT is against forum rules. Backing up DVDs that you legally own depends on the laws of your country, but, discussion of such is allowed here. The forum rules are quite clear on what is, and is not, allowed.

As for your problem, you’ll have to be a little more specific than “I have tried those”…I gave several suggestions as to what could be the issue. Do the copies play on the burner that made them?

I have tried the trail versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and I am getting the same results. Yes the copies play on the burner that made them. I have tried to copy at 8x speed and 4x speed. What else can I try?

Different media. Obviously your player doesn’t like whatever it is you’re using. I highly suggest you search the forum for recommended high quality media. It makes all the difference in the world.

I can copy two different movies on the same media, and one will work and one won’t, on my dvd player but they both will work on the drive that I burned them on. That is why I am asking for help.

Yes, and what I am saying is that with crappy media it may or may not play. It’s a crapshoot. You get lucky sometimes, but, other times not. It’ll USUALLY play on the drive that burned it, even on crappy media. That’s why I asked about that. If you don’t believe me, do a search and you’ll find out just how many people have had to learn this lesson the hard way. It’s fine if you wish to continue your search for an answer, but, in the end, it’s extremely likely that it’ll come back to the media.

I went on this website (http://forums.speedlabs.org/index.php?topic=23.0) to look at media and it says that all of the media that I have bought is good quality. If you don’t think so what kind of media should I be using (brand names)?

I use only Verbatim myself and never have problems. What brands are you using?

I have used TDK, HP, Memorex Lightscribe. I mostly use TDK.

Memorex I can tell you right now is horrible. I have no experience wit TDK or HP. Do you know what the media codes are?

No I don’t. Incase you haven’t realized I am not the best at this kind of stuff. I know how to work on the computer but not technical issues. If you tell me how to find tham I should be able to tell you.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Get a copy of that. It should be able to tell you what the media code is.

my HP media says CMC MAG M01. and so does my TDK.

Theoretically those should be good discs. I’m surprised. What player are you trying to play them in? And what speed are you burning them at?

I am playing them in a Sony 5 DVD/CD changer about 4 - 5 years old. I have looked in the manual and it says it supports DVD+R’s. At first I was just burning at max speed. Then I looked on the forum and it said try to copy at specific or slower speeds. On the movie, The Accidential Spy, I copied it at 8x speed and at 4x speed and neither one of them would play in my dvd player. I even tried cleaning it and the same thing happened.