Problem: Can't burn after change of mainboard

vbimport

Hi,

Have a strange problem after change of mainboard. :a

Have reinstalled XP with SP2 but now my dvd burner don’t work anymore, then i put a brand new NEC 3520 but same problem. I have tried to change the ide cabel to a new one…still no dvd.

Any advise?

/Peter

Peter,

To be able to help you, the following standard info will be needed:

What brand/model is your motherboard?

Does Windows recognize the drive? If so, what kind of error are you getting when you try to burn?

If Windows is recognizing your drive, can it read a CD or DVD?

Have you tried to burn a CD?

What burning software are you using?

Peace and Luv,

DJ Mind :iagree:

What brand/model is your motherboard?

Asus K8V SE Deluxe

Does Windows recognize the drive? If so, what kind of error are you getting when you try to burn?

Yes Windows see the drive as a NEC 3520.
see attachment for error when trying to burn a cd

If Windows is recognizing your drive, can it read a CD or DVD?

No

Have you tried to burn a CD?

Same problem

What burning software are you using?

Nero 6.3.1.17

Sorry that i forgot the details first time.

/Peter

The version of Nero your using is quite old. You could try updating to nero 6.6.0.13 from www.nero.com.

Boot from a bootable cd. Set your bios to boot from cd, then put your xp or another bootable cd in the drive. If the cd boots, then you may have a driver conflict. This can be caused by many things, but more than likely is due to an older or unpatched version of either Roxio, or Nero.

Also, I read HERE that they had a batch of defective K8V-SE Deluxe boards

You could also try to update your BIOS version.

With the 1006.001 BIOS everything is working fine overhere. There is a newer version but it doesn’t ad anything I need.

Few more things:

1. Make sure you use one of the non-Raid IDE ports (the ones near the memory slots)

2. Which IDE Driver are you using: Via Bus Master or the Standard MS IDE one?

3. If you’re using the VIA driver (most likely I would guess), make sure you download the latest Hyperion drivers from VIA, and update your chipset drivers to the latest version!

4. If point 3 doesn’t make any difference (fairly high chance), then go to Device Manager and install the Standard MS IDE driver instead. This usually helps a lot of people to solve their problems, and I hope it will solve yours too.

1. If you’re using the VIA driver (most likely I would guess), make sure you download the latest Hyperion drivers from VIA, and update your chipset drivers to the latest version!

Updating the VIA driver to the new beta solved the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help :bow:

/Peter