Problem burning with Pioneer DVR

I am having problems getting a Pioneer burner to record. I have tried DVR-R & DVD+R disks and several burning programs with no luck.

Originally, I got a ‘DMA-driver error, CRC error’ message. Nothing would burn. Both Pioneer and the motherboard’s Tech Support people were almost useless. One suggestion though was to reset the Transfer Mode to DMA 4 in the IDE Controller Settings through the Device Manager (it only lists Ultra DMA 4). This got the recording process to start, but it still crashes after a bit.

I’ve attached a log file created ny Nero. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks…John

Pioneer DVR-R100 (double layer)
Windows XP SP3
Foxconn WinFast NF4SK8AA-8EKRS Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ CPU

Have you tried a fresh IDE cable?

As a sidenote, CMC MAG M01 isn’t the best media, but should do fairly OK at the 8x you’ve picked.

Also, update your nForce4 chipset drivers to the latest available from nvidia.com. If that doesn’t help try with the Microsoft IDE driver instead of the nVidia one.

Thanks for the help guys. Changing the cable seems to have done it.

[QUOTE=JRalph;2033074]Thanks for the help guys. Changing the cable seems to have done it.[/QUOTE]

An ULtra DMA/32 CRC communication error is the result of a 40 wire Ide cable if you change it to an 80 wire cable your problem will go away

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2033291]An ULtra DMA/32 CRC communication error is the result of a 40 wire Ide cable if you change it to an 80 wire cable your problem will go away[/QUOTE]

It can also occur if the IDE cable has gone bad for whatever reason :slight_smile:

Exactly, that cable was DEAD.

DMA-driver error, CRC error