Problem Burning RW Media on SH202J

vbimport

Hello, im having problems burning on RW media (with my Samsung SH-S202J), it affects both cd/dvd. Im running windows xp, and all the latest drivers etc.

The burn goes fine as far as you can monitor it, ive been useing latest nero/nero7/imgburner and cdxp, tryied burning from opticalsource and from local harddrive. The problem im having is that on all other players/drivers i cant find the media i burned (claims the media is empty), on any other drive then the one i burnt it on.

Ive tryied 6 diffent DVD+r RW media verbatim infiniti Fujifilm memorex maxwell and datawrite. So im guessing the media aint the problem. And i since it affects CD+R RWs also im guessing the problem isnt the media.

The driver works fine on DVD+/-R and CD+R no mather what manufacture i use.

What could be wrong with my burner?
This message is posted on Videohelp.com and sent to Samsung.com

Best Regards

BTW The things i burn work on the samsung player but not on any other dvdwriter/dvdplayer its there stated as empty media

The standalone is mostly the problem, they cannot deal with RW media, at least DVD±RW media.

Its not a standalone its IDE-connected

Test the drive in another computer. Does it have the latest firmware? Sounds to me like the drive could be defective if it cannot burn any type of rewritetable media.

I thought you meant a standalone because of
"BTW The things i burn work on the samsung player but not on any other dvdwriter/dvdplayer its there stated as empty media" …

Hi and Welcome![quote=builder;2050421]
Ive tryied 6 diffent DVD+r RW media verbatim infiniti Fujifilm memorex maxwell and datawrite. So im guessing the media aint the problem. And i since it affects CD+R RWs also im guessing the problem isnt the media.

The driver works fine on DVD+/-R and CD+R no mather what manufacture i use.

What could be wrong with my burner? [/quote]Do you have software like Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed? If so, uninstall these and see if that works.

Michael