Problem burning movies as a data DVD

vbimport

hi, my problem is that whenever i try to burn movies as a data DVD , the burn process successfully completes but when i try to play the movies , only the first two movies are working , the other movies are corrupt.

I’m using SONY DVD+R blank DVDs .
SONY DVD drive which support DVD+/- R
Nero 7 ultra edition.

I close all the running application including the antivirus.
i burn on 4x speed , as i heard that the slower the burning speed the higher the quality.

thanks.

not enough details , you mentioned your using sony dvd+r medias but didnt mention their rated speed , and what about nero well 7 doesnt cut it , what version is it exactly? , also whats your burner? and what firmware? , a nero infotool log might provide some more info aswell just run it and click the floppy icon to save , attach to the reply (you can attach files only when clicking “postreply” ,not in a quick reply) , as for what you heard thats diffrent on each burner and depends on how much it likes the specific media too, but in general its far more correct on cds and less on dvds

Hi
When you record your “data” DVDs, are you doing it as a multisession or as disc-at-once?

If you use multisession you risk to run into trouble.

When you say you play them, are you talking about using the PC or a home player?

Why don’t you just choose to burn it as Video DVD rather than DVD DAta?.

I’m using the Disk-At-Once option .

and the reason I’m burning as data DVD is that it can hold more movies , while I don’t have a home player , I play the movies using the PC .

I attached the Nero InfoTool log.

sorry i forgot to attach the file.

Either your media is bad or your burner has hardware problems.

Hi
Have a look here: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/category/3/78/59/
Why don’t you consider having several movies put together in a DVD video that will play in your PC or home player?

I suspect that [B]AbuShokry[/B] has his movies in some MPEG-4 format, trying to fit the equivalent length of content to standard DVD-Video (MPEG-2) will result in a very poor picture quality result.

I suspect that AbuShokry has his movies in some MPEG-4 format, trying to fit the equivalent length of content to standard DVD-Video (MPEG-2) will result in a very poor picture quality result.

Actually the picture quality for the still working movies on the DVD is just the same as those on the Hard Disk . and am not burning to a DVD video it’s DVD data.

Either your media is bad or your burner has hardware problems.

Is there a hardware problem that could arise only when burning video files ?!

Yes, as you did not convert them to compliant DVD-Video (MPEG-2). They are still in the original format which I assume is MPEG-4 of some kind.

the firmware isnt the latest , update it
http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/firmware.htm#830
your nero isnt latest either get 7.8.5.0 , is the drive connected with another on the ide cable? , is your processor overclocked? , a nero log can shed some light on the issue just burn again and save the log after it finishes and copy & paste (and dont forget to remove the serial #) , also run nero cdspeed and do “disc quality” in 8x speed and take a screenshot , try reading the disc on another drive to check if your burner is faulty , check the ram with memtest86+ http://memtest.org , try another ide cable , you didnt answer one of my questions,whats the rated speed of those medias? , try burnning at their rated speed

If the files played fine from hard drive, but not from the disk, the media (and or its compatibility with your drive) is the most likely cause. Even if the burn didn’t fail, it may have too high of errors to read fast enough to play video. If you are trying to read data, the drive can slow down to read if there are issues. If you are trying to read data to play video, and it has to slow down too much, the player might not like that. One way to test would be to copy the data back off the disk to the hard drive, and see if it plays the copied files from the hard drive then. That will test if the video got corrupted somehow and or if the disk is even readable (but maybe not readable fast enough to play video).
Doing an error scan with cdspeed would reveal more.

easterbunny gave some other recommendations of things to look at, but thats what I would try first.

Thank you very much guys, i really appreciate your help. I bought a new SONY DVD back
and now i can burn 100% working movies on a data DVD, So the problem was in the media, they probably were fake.

Once again, Thank you very much.

Glad that you have happy ending.