Problem burning large .bin files

for real… this is giving me the shits

i’ve tried absolutely everything but when a .bin file is like 800mb or whatever… i can’t burn it

i mean… i should be able to burn an 800mb .bin file on a 700mb cd right???

if i can burn .iso .cdi and smaller .bin files on occasion etc you’d think i could do it right???

then how do i do it???

what settings do i use???

and please don’t just say overburn with nero or somethin… cause there must be something else i’m missing…

my cd writer is a sony cd/rw crx100e

thanks for any help…

if i can burn .iso .cdi and smaller .bin files on occasion etc you’d think i could do it right???

just copy the games into one of the formats u can burn.

how do i do that???

here’s a step by step instruction manual:

1. put the cd into the drive
  2. do exactly what u did with the other cds to create the formats u can burn without problems
  3. happily burn the cd

and it will magically change from a .bin file to something else???

how and with what program / tool do i change it from a .bin file to say .iso

thanks

are these compressed Linux files? Some other freeware?

Originally posted by hazewon

how and with what program / tool do i change it from a .bin file to say .iso

E.g with [COLOR=blue]UltraISO 6.52 > Tools > Convert[/COLOR]

Get smaller ISO image size

Firstly, use ‘Save As’ instead of ‘Save’ directly. Just as file system in hard disk, when you delete some files from ISO image, the allocated space by the files become empty, and can be re-used by newly added files; but the total image size keeps unchanged. ‘Save As’ will create a new image, which pack all unused space.

Secondly, check ‘Optimize’ option in ‘Properties’ dialoge, UltraISO will code same files in different directories only once. This feature can reduce image size dramatically when you are making All-in-one bootable CD or DVD

nice one BoSkin… thanks

and yeah… they’re erm freeware… heh… :sorry:

Originally posted by hazewon

nice one BoSkin… thanks

Enjoy it ! :smiley: