Problem burning DVD

I am testing the DVD Next Copy Version 2.9.9.1 with any DVD Version 6.4.6.9 and I am using my daughters dvds to test with. I am using imation DVD+r 8x with a Samsung SH-S203B burner. when making the copy’s everything finishes with no errors but when I attempt to play in my computer or on a dvd player I get nothing. Any clues to my screw up would be most helpful. Thanks

Try using TY media or Verbatim media as they tend to be more compatible on playing back on various players.

Ok I have tried new media Memorex DVD +r still the exact same thing. I also updated my firmware for the dvd burner. I also tried to burn with clone dvd with the same issue. Is there settings that I should deselect in anydvd to allow this to work? Currently all things are checked to remove everything(default Settings). Also I have a Zune and when I convert the movies to that it works.

Okay so you have tried other programs and the same this would indicate a filter or filters causing the issue. Can you put in the DVD in question and make a anydvd log and upload it here please?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile’s name. Click “ok”.
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called “[B]Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip[/B]” (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in DVD neXt COPY Support Forum, look for the icon that looks like
j) If you don’t see that paperclip icon, click the “go advanced” button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn’t please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the DVD neXt COPY Support forum)
l) Click the “Browse” button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click “upload”

Quick update… I just installed anydvd and clonedvd on the wifeys computer (don’t tell her) and I was able to burn with no problem. I am going reinstall everything to see if that helps. If that doesn’t help then I will make the log file. Thanks again for your time.

one other thing I seen that the DVD burner that I have can be upgraded I did using the Samsung website. I tried to use the update that is in this forum but I do not have the firmware. again I have a samsung SH-S203B with an SB OEM code Thanks again

here is my file

AnyDVD_Info_D_HEROES.zip (105 KB)

Everything seems intact as needed and the filters there is nothing that gets my attention. So I think it is using bad media which you have tried Imitation & Memorex. Try using TY media or Verbatim media. Others here on the forum will state the same as these two types of blank media are ones that cause no issues.

I tried Verbatim DVD-r and it locks up after about 30 sec into the burn. I have to press the reset button to get the PC back up and running. I am also using the same media that is working on my wife’s PC right now, I understand the burner that I have in there is pretty old but I have now made about 10 coasters and they are starting to get expensive.

Burner might be old but it is a solid one. I will look into this a bit further and get back to you.

Guy most of us use Verb 16x +r’s not minus, to save you some bucks Sams Club sells 100 Verb’s 16x +r’s for 20.99 , thats $00.021 per disk. with printing labels 29.00 that .03 a disk

Have you Cleaned your registry after each of these removes an installs.

What else do you use this system for?

Plus give us a clue what type system your using
ReadMeToo®

[QUOTE=barnb952;2131240]I tried Verbatim DVD-r and it locks up after about 30 sec into the burn. I have to press the reset button to get the PC back up and running. I am also using the same media that is working on my wife’s PC right now, I understand the burner that I have in there is pretty old but I have now made about 10 coasters and they are starting to get expensive.[/QUOTE]

Well my system is a XFX MB-N780-ISH9 780I SLI motherboard, VGA XFX PVT94PYDSU 9600GT video card, CPU is intel E8400 3G 775 45N, power supply is a XION 800 watt, windows XP service pack 3.

I think I am going to make an ISO on my wife’s computer then transfer it to my PC and see if it burns and I will also try it the other way around. This should answer a lot of questions for everyone.

One more quick update before bed. I was able to make an ISO image on my PC then Xfer it to the Wife’s PC then burn it. This tells me that anydvd is working fine, the dvd reader part is working fine. Either the media which I will buy tomorrow, or the burner. does anyone have the latest firmware for the samsung SH-S203B I tried the patch util but it asks for the firmware. Thanks for all your help

Hi,

there are often problems with Nforce based motherboards and Sata DVD burners. Sometimes it helps to install latest Nforce Sata drivers, sometimes changing the opration mode of the Sata controller to IDE and using Windows default drivers are the better option. There is no general rule about that.

Concerning your 203B, you might have a look into my signature :wink:

Michael

I have attempted to update my firmware and the only thing I can find to do it is that one touch update. the Patch utility asks for the firmware and I am not able to find the .bin file anywhere.

If you are running the latest official Samsung firmware that is fine and no need to special patch to be able to burn. I have a lot of other users that have this drive and I have the same drive as you as well but mine include lightscribe. As mentioned by Michael you might look into what he posted and see if that helps. I had issues as well when I had the 680i motherboard at times.

I have been trying to find how to make my sata controller a ide but I don’t see where to do this.

This is done in the BIOS. I am about to post a DVD neXt COPY update you might want to give that a try.

Well my time has expired with next copy so I guess I will try something else to try and get this to work. I can not see paying for the software without getting it to work with my DVD burner.