Problem burning DL media

I’m trying to burn onto Memorex DVD +R DL disks using my LG GSA-4120B burner. It will not recognize the disks at all.

I ran DVD Identifier and here’s the info it gave me:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:RITEK-S04-066]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
Media Type ID : [S04]
Product Revision : [066]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]
[Method 2 Might Not Always Detect All Speeds]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I have updated the burner to the latest firmware as well. I have been reading some older posts about major problems with Memorex DL media. Is this still the case?

Thanks,

Jeff

crap Media is the Root Cause For Ur Problems (

pls get Verbatim DVD DL Made in Singapore

The 4120 is a very old burner, most likely, there’s no actual writing strategy in the firmware and even if it uses a generic 2.4x burn speed, the result will not be favorable.

If I was to update the burner to say an LG GSA-H55L 18x DVDRW Dual Layer LightScribe would this solve my problem. Or will I still have trouble with the Memorex media that I have?

Thanks,

Jeff

[QUOTE=Jeff1192;1913703]If I was to update the burner to say an LG GSA-H55L 18x DVDRW Dual Layer LightScribe would this solve my problem. Or will I still have trouble with the Memorex media that I have?

Thanks,

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Does that make sense?
Buying better media is the best and cost effective way.

The point of my question was whether or not my burner would be able to burn any DL media (since KTL says that there probably isn’t any writing strategy in the firmware) or if I’m going to always have this problem.

[QUOTE=Jeff1192;1921601]The point of my question was whether or not my burner would be able to burn any DL media (since KTL says that there probably isn’t any writing strategy in the firmware) or if I’m going to always have this problem.[/QUOTE]

Even if you upgrade your burner, you may still have problems with that particular media due to the way it’s manufactured.

Verbatim DL media, which ATM is the most reliable choice, is manufactured differently and more burners have support for it and the way it’s made.

Ok excellent. Thanks. That’s what I was trying to figure out.

Jeff