Problem burning divx files on dvd

vbimport

I have got a very strange problem.

I have a Samsung SHW-162Z dvd burner. I have been using it for 3 months I backup my divx video files on dvd’s so that I can view them later. I burn them on to the disc (MOSERBAER pro /SONY) at 4x speed to be safe. I have used Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 and NERO 6 (OEM). All the video files get successfully burned. Once burned I verify the files, I even manually go through the video files to see if it freezes at any point but everything seems to be fine. I carefully place the dvd into the cd pouch

2 weeks later I try running the dvd on my computer . 2 out of 6 files freeze during playback or are not readable at all, the rest seem to be fine. The disc doesn’t even have a single scratch as I store them in pouches and I always handle them by their edges. This has left me completely frustrated . I just can’t rely on dvd’s any more. I tried changing the media from moserbaer to sony to imation etc but all in vain. I even tried calling up Samsung customer support they are unable to help. I have lost 7 out of 10 dvd’s like this. Dunno how long the other three will last. I believe cd-r’s are much better in terms of reliability .

Guys please help am I going wrong somewhere. Or it’s just that dvd’s are not reliable

Crappy media. Stick with Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Fujifilm (made in Japan only).

I agree with the bad media answer. Check out this link to see what’s considered to be first class discs. http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm