Problem buring with TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S162L / TS-H652L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi!

Everytime I attempt to burn a cd with this burner, It will burn for awhile and then give me a message that says “Was unable to complete burn, please check cd and insert a new cd” or something very close to that, depending on the software. I have tried using Windows Media Player, Sonic, free burner software such as CDBurnerXP, everything. I am attempting to burn Mp3’s on to the disc.

The sillyness is that sometimes it’s hit and miss. It will burn a cd fine one time, and the next time it will just ruin a cd. And it is changing the information on the cd. In fact, I can put a cd in and it will almost play through the first song before becoming corrupt.

I am using new hewlett packard lightscrive cd’s, and my firmware is completely up-to-date for this burner!

Any help and advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Gayl

bttt in desperation…

Burn slower and try with other media.

Without a burnlog its impossible to give a good advice.

Has your problem been resolved? If so, how did you do it? I have the same exact problem with the same cd/dvd writer. I have a HP Pavilion Media Center TV PC with Windows XP OS. It used to work sometimes to burn cds and then not work the next time. Now it just burns part of the playlist and parts of songs. Generally gets worse the further down the playlist you go. (ie: first song is fine, second song craps out about 2 mins into song, 3rd song craps out after 1 min, 4th-15th songs don’t play at all) This varies slightly every time I do it. Sometimes I get an error and it doesn’t burn at all. I can make video DVDs all day, but music CDs won’t burn correctly. I’ve tried slowing down the write speed, minimizing the time gap between songs, using different songs, different brand cd-r disks, different programs to write the cds, updating window xp patches, burning mp4s fro Itunes or mp3s from Itunes or other software. Same result every time. If anyone has any more suggestions, I’m willing to try them.

Hi and Welcome!

what about data CD? If these can be burnt successfully, then there is likely a software issue.

Michael