Problem backing up "North Shore" DVD

vbimport

Okay, I be brave and ask, where should I go with a problem backing up an older dvd that DVD FAB cannot process? Thanks

[QUOTE=JETMAN4615;2537857]Okay, I be brave and ask, where should I go with a problem backing up an older dvd that DVD FAB cannot process? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Greetings JETMAN4615

If you are having trouble making copy of an old DVD the first thing to do is use a little windex/glass cleaner with a soft lent free cloth and wip from the center hole to the outer edge in a straight line to ensure there are no fingerprints or other such dirt, the try again with Pathplayer set as “Disabled”

If the problematic DVD js heavly scratched you can try a little “Brasso” on it

Thanks SJ.

However, I have accomplished all these tricks and them some. I could go into detail here what I have done, unless I should be starting a thread somewhere else. Your assistance is always appreciated.

[QUOTE=JETMAN4615;2537862]Thanks SJ.

However, I have accomplished all these tricks and them some. I could go into detail here what I have done, unless I should be starting a thread somewhere else. Your assistance is always appreciated.[/QUOTE]

No need to start a new thread this one is also used for helping :bigsmile:

What movie title are you having trouble with ? is it the original…(Pressed) DVD or a backup or one that was recorded by a standalone DVD player/recorder ?, also which version of DVDFab are you using ?

The dvd is an original titled North Shore, vintage 1987. The disc is in perfect shape, and I have acquired it less then a year ago. I attempted to use DVD Fab HD Decrypter current vs 9.0.3.0, Region 1. It processes up to about 60% and stops during vts_01_4 vob, before I get a read error, and a second attempt is the same. I have Windows XP Pro with a 3.0 Ghz processor. I tried again on another desktop pc with Windows XP Media, again same exact results.

Now, I tried Ripit4me, and it completed the decrypter process, cleanup of the vob files, etc, then DVD Shrink starts for about 45 seconds, before I get an error. “out of memorry” not enough storge is available to process the command. I tried just the main movie only, both with HD Decrypter and reauthoring in the DVD Shrink mode with the same results. I did notice in the DVD Shrink mode the compression was in Auto and compression set at 57.3%. which gave me the total on the green bar 4464mb. However, when I attempted to reauthor, main move title 1 showed 6045mb, while the green bar displayed 4464mb. When I selected backup, I received the out of memory error. I gave up then.

Ripit4me saved serveral logs. One is very long. If I need to send a copy of a log, please describe which one is needed and where to send it. Thanks again SJ.

[QUOTE=JETMAN4615;2537879]The dvd is an original titled North Shore, vintage 1987. The disc is in perfect shape, and I have acquired it less then a year ago. [B]I attempted to use DVD Fab HD Decrypter current vs 9.0.3.0,[/B] Region 1. It processes up to about 60% and stops during vts_01_4 vob, before I get a read error, and a second attempt is the same. I have Windows XP Pro with a 3.0 Ghz processor. I tried again on another desktop pc with Windows XP Media, again same exact results.

Now, I tried Ripit4me, and it completed the decrypter process, cleanup of the vob files, etc, then DVD Shrink starts for about 45 seconds, before I get an error. “out of memorry” not enough storge is available to process the command. I tried just the main movie only, both with HD Decrypter and reauthoring in the DVD Shrink mode with the same results. I did notice in the DVD Shrink mode the compression was in Auto and compression set at 57.3%. which gave me the total on the green bar 4464mb. However, when I attempted to reauthor, main move title 1 showed 6045mb, while the green bar displayed 4464mb. When I selected backup, I received the out of memory error. I gave up then.

Ripit4me saved serveral logs. One is very long. If I need to send a copy of a log, please describe which one is needed and where to send it. Thanks again SJ.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab has not released a v9030 as stated above :confused: since you state “[B]Ripit4me saved serveral logs.[/B]” I take you are saying you ripped with Ripit and if that is so please try doing it with DVDFab HD decrypter v7093 to see what happens…([B]note->[/B] Go into common settings “Pathplayer” disable pathplayer and in the “Read” settings set it to "Ignore all read errors)

As it is now your asking for help on an issue done by another program other then DVDFab, course since this is an older DVD…DVD Shrink maybe able to rip it too.

Now on the “Out of memory” message is concerned, how much free space do you have on the hard drive ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2537886] Now on the “Out of memory” message is concerned, how much free space do you have on the hard drive ?[/QUOTE]
SJ & JETMAN4615 , This is a common error in DVDShrink caused by the copy protection described below.
Out of memory is a problem caused by sectors on a disc designed to cause an out of memory problem when ripping.
So try again with the latest DVDFab free version.
If that fails you might try DVDFab’s Passkey while it is still in beta so free for now & use it with DVDShrink & see how that works.
You might also try Passkey & do the rip with ImgBurn.
Compress that rip with DVDShrink.
So try those if they fail post back . If they work let us know.
Ther are some other softwares I could recomend but not in the DVDFab sections. If the above works there is no need.

[QUOTE=cholla;2537921]SJ & JETMAN4615 , This is a common error in DVDShrink caused by the copy protection described below.
Out of memory is a problem caused by sectors on a disc designed to cause an out of memory problem when ripping.
So try again with the latest DVDFab free version.
If that fails you might try DVDFab’s Passkey while it is still in beta so free for now & use it with DVDShrink & see how that works.
You might also try Passkey & do the rip with ImgBurn.
Compress that rip with DVDShrink.
So try those if they fail post back . If they work let us know.
Ther are some other softwares I could recomend but not in the DVDFab sections. If the above works there is no need.[/QUOTE]

Not sure the “out of memory” has to do with copy protection since the problematic DVD was released back in 1987 however I could be wrong though wouldn’t be the first, and as far as the latest version of DVDFab…well… tis why I suggested it myself :iagree:

Have a great weekend my friend :flower: :smiley:

[QUOTE=JETMAN4615;2537857]Okay, I be brave and ask, where should I go with a problem backing up an older dvd that DVD FAB cannot process? Thanks[/QUOTE]

In here. :slight_smile:

I’ve moved it for you and created a new thread.

What’s the DVD?

[B]Edit: [/B]Ignore that last question, I’ve just spotted the other posts and moved them too as this has developed to the stage where I think it deserves its own thread. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2537927]Not sure the “out of memory” has to do with copy protection since the problematic DVD was released back in 1987 however I could be wrong though wouldn’t be the first, and as far as the latest version of DVDFab…well… tis why I suggested it myself :iagree:
Have a great weekend my friend :flower: :D[/QUOTE]

@ SJ , North Shore is a 1987 movie but the DVD wasn’t made in 1987 . The copy protection would have been put in the master for the press of this movie. Although most likely sooner that could have been 2010 .
Weren’t the first commercial DVD’s of movies in 1997 ?
I saw that you recomended the latest version of DVDFab & I was seconding that. I beleive doing that will solve the problem.
If you do some Googling on the “out of memory” problem with DVDShrink you will find it is usually a copy protection that wasn’t removed problem.
Computers with all the RAM memory they can have & plenty of extra harddrive space have this problem. So the cause is almost never a hardware problem.
Have a great weekend yourself & it seems you are feeling better .
@JETMAN4615 .Did you try the latest version & did it solve the problem ?

[QUOTE=Wombler;2538036]In here. :slight_smile:

I’ve moved it for you and created a new thread.

What’s the DVD?

[B]Edit: [/B]Ignore that last question, [B]I’ve just spotted the other posts and moved them too as this has developed to the stage where I think it deserves its own thread[/B]. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I believe the issue has been taken care of, which I didn’t think it needed it own thread but no biggie :smiley: thanks for the eviction :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend Wombler :flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2538073]I believe the issue has been taken care of, which I didn’t think it needed it own thread but no biggie :smiley: thanks for the eviction :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend Wombler :flower:[/QUOTE]

No eviction intended my friend and if the OP is sorted then that’s great.

Have a good one yourself. :flower::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2538143][B]No eviction intended[/B] my friend and if the OP is sorted then that’s great.

Have a good one yourself. :flower::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I know just having fun with ya :stuck_out_tongue:

To SJ & Wombler,

I am Sorry for the in replying to your last post. I suspected that my original disk “North Shore” was the problem, even though the disk was in perfect condition. I have never seen an “Out of Memory” error before, however, there was similarities in trying to solve this problem, that I experienced in the past. The movie is all about surfing at Hawaii. My nephew who is an avid surfer had a friend who had the movie, and mailed it to me. I received it yesterday, and today I tackled the problem. Using HD Decrypter version 7.0.9.2, the rip was completed, and the backup accomplished. This scenario was fustating to say the least, however, all has ended well. I extend my appreciation to both of you, and those that posted suggestions. It is comfortable to know, one can always count on the Forum. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=JETMAN4615;2538793]To SJ & Wombler,

I am Sorry for the in replying to your last post. I suspected that my original disk “North Shore” was the problem, even though the disk was in perfect condition. I have never seen an “Out of Memory” error before, however, there was similarities in trying to solve this problem, that I experienced in the past. The movie is all about surfing at Hawaii. My nephew who is an avid surfer had a friend who had the movie, and mailed it to me. I received it yesterday, and today I tackled the problem. Using HD Decrypter version 7.0.9.2, the rip was completed, and the backup accomplished. This scenario was fustating to say the least, however, all has ended well. I extend my appreciation to both of you, and those that posted suggestions. It is comfortable to know, one can always count on the Forum. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Hi JETMAN4615

Nice to hear you got it taken care of and you have your backup :clap:

You are more then welcome for the help we are always happy to help a fellow member when we can it is what MyCE is all about :cool:

And thank you for letting us know of your success :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=JETMAN4615;2538793]To SJ & Wombler,

I am Sorry for the in replying to your last post. I suspected that my original disk “North Shore” was the problem, even though the disk was in perfect condition. I have never seen an “Out of Memory” error before, however, there was similarities in trying to solve this problem, that I experienced in the past. The movie is all about surfing at Hawaii. My nephew who is an avid surfer had a friend who had the movie, and mailed it to me. I received it yesterday, and today I tackled the problem. Using HD Decrypter version 7.0.9.2, the rip was completed, and the backup accomplished. This scenario was fustating to say the least, however, all has ended well. I extend my appreciation to both of you, and those that posted suggestions. It is comfortable to know, one can always count on the Forum. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

No problem Jetman4615 as we’re always glad to assist and I’m glad you found that useful.

As SJ says that’s all part of what MyCE is about. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]