Problem backing up 'Gothic'

vbimport

Hi and Happy New year !

I have been using DVDFab Plat for months without a problem, but it seems to have got stuck on backing up my copy of ‘Gothic’. The copy process starts fine and runs on to about 99.7% - 6 secs to go and then stalls. I have tried several times - doesn’t matter how long I leave it - never completes. When you click ‘Cancel’, the program stops - but then hangs. You have to kill the process.

There are a series of .vob files in the temp folder, but if I try to use them to burn from, it complains that there is no IFO

I was using the latest 4.0.6.2 and have tried dropping back to 3.1.8.0, but get the same effect.

I have backed up other DVDs after attempting this without trouble.

This is the first DVD I have run into trouble backing up - so am puzzeled. Any diagnostics I can provide ? Or suggestions?

TIA

D

[QUOTE=oldtimer1955;1996145]Hi and Happy New year !

I have been using DVDFab Plat for months without a problem, but it seems to have got stuck on backing up my copy of ‘Gothic’. The copy process starts fine and runs on to about 99.7% - 6 secs to go and then stalls. I have tried several times - doesn’t matter how long I leave it - never completes. When you click ‘Cancel’, the program stops - but then hangs. You have to kill the process.

There are a series of .vob files in the temp folder, but if I try to use them to burn from, it complains that there is no IFO

I was using the latest 4.0.6.2 and have tried dropping back to 3.1.8.0, but get the same effect.

I have backed up other DVDs after attempting this without trouble.

This is the first DVD I have run into trouble backing up - so am puzzeled. Any diagnostics I can provide ? Or suggestions?

TIA

D[/QUOTE]

Hey Oldtimer welcome to the forum have you read the Tut for DVDFab the link is below
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

IT may be a problem with your PC dvd drive being unable to read to the end of the disc. I have one PC that does that with some long DVDs, but they rip fine on a different PC.
the IFo file is created at the every end of the rip so if you cancel at 99% it will not be there.
test whether you can watch the very end of the movie on your pC, usin EMP or your dvd player software.

Hi,

Thanks for the feed back.

… have you read the Tut for DVDFab the link is below
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

Yes indeedy - and as I say, it’s all been good until this one disc.

And thanks Cybmole - I am pretty sure this is it:

the IFo file is created at the every end of the rip so if you cancel at 99% it will not be there

I hadn’t realized that the IFO file comes at the end of the rip - and trying the disc on other devices shows that it doesn’t play right to the very end.

A mystery solved. Cheers.

D