Problem backing up dark knight dl

vbimport

yesterday i tried to back up the dark knight dvd9 to harddisc with no problem.
Then i tried to write the file with imgburn on verbatim dl media which worked fine until 49percent and then stopped burning (0.0 writing speed) so i stopped
the process.Then i thought lets try dvdfab vso so i opened the program openend the file and selected writing and put in a verbatim dl(8xspeed).
Unfortunately DVD Fab Platinums vso engine stopped backing up, too at 53.49 percent.Never was so dissapointed loosing two dual layers.Any suggestions how to back the movie to dual layer?DVD5 backup went fine but want the whole quality.

the regional code was rc2

this is all i got on information of the logs.

dvdplaterrordarkknight.doc (36.5 KB)

Try using the latest 5.2.0.8 beta

thanks, but used latest version.

For one thing you are trying to burn a DL way too fast (10X) myself I burn Verbatim 8X at 6X and get great burns, try slowing down your burns some people only burn DL at 2.4X and make sure you are in the SAO mode and not Packet Writing

thanks jimbo, i always had it on auto using imgburn but changed it today to max.I"ll try with 6x.In DVDFabs VSO I don’t know how to change the writing speed.But strange that both ways failed today ending in writing 0x after near the layer break.How to check if I’m in Sao mode?Everything before that went well, I mean about 20 DLs.

All I can tell you is, that I ripped this with the newest DvdFab, full rip to my hard drive, then ran the output through FixVts & then burned with ImgBurn using the following method.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

thanks, i will give a try.

I bought a legal version of the Dark Knight, tried to copy it to my HD, DVDFAB wont even analise the disc, error message happens when the movie starts, it say it cannot read the disc, I tried both the latest ver and the beta ver, I have two brand new disc drives and use Verbatim discs, I also tried to watch the movie on my PC, using PowerDVD 8 it stops at the menu and with windows media player is stops rough half way through the movie, chapter 9 if I remember correctly, anyone have any ideas about why this is happening?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I back-up all of my DVD’s and allow the children to use the copies I make, when they ruin the disc I dont need to buy another original.

[quote=GraymanSA;2174308]I bought a legal version of the Dark Knight, tried to copy it to my HD, DVDFAB wont even analise the disc, error message happens when the movie starts, it say it cannot read the disc, I tried both the latest ver and the beta ver, I have two brand new disc drives and use Verbatim discs, I also tried to watch the movie on my PC, using PowerDVD 8 it stops at the menu and with windows media player is stops rough half way through the movie, chapter 9 if I remember correctly, anyone have any ideas about why this is happening?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I back-up all of my DVD’s and allow the children to use the copies I make, when they ruin the disc I dont need to buy another original.[/quote]
make sure you have pathplayer always enabled and give the disc a quick wipe with a soft lint free cloth to remove finger prints and dirt. Then try again as dvdfab works with this movie

You might have gotten a bad press as that happens sometimes, will it play in your dvd player ok ? If not then take it back and get another copy as GJ said FAB will do this movie with no problem BTW which version of FAB are you using? you might try the 5.2.0.9 Beta which came out this morning

thanks beef barley i don’t know if Fixvts did(got an error message) but the backup on DL was sucessful.thanks anyway.

You are welcome, glad you got it done.

Thx GJ and Jimbo, the DVD plays just fine on the DVD machine, what is pathfinder? how would I know if it is enabled, I am using the 5.0.2.8 version of DVDFAB, I shall try the new version.

I tried the newest version of DVDFAB with no success, hmmm this is trying. I found pathfinder and it is always on.

It is a form of copy protection removal I think, you can find it on the settings page under Path Player and I have mine set as always on, and glad you got your burn ok and BTW welcome to the forum

What problem are you having ? perhaps a burn log will help us figure out whats wrong

[QUOTE=GraymanSA;2174943]Thx GJ and Jimbo, the DVD plays just fine on the DVD machine, what is pathfinder? how would I know if it is enabled, I am using the 5.0.2.8 version of DVDFAB, I shall try the new version.[/QUOTE]
Hi
Take a look at the tutorial. You can access it by clicking on the[B] blue, ? mark icon[/B] in the upper right of the application screen and click tutorial in the dropdown…or…just click on the sticky near the top of the page right here on the Fab subforum.

A word of advice, either choose Always Enable PathPlayer or Disable PP. Don’t choose Enable PP when necessary. I believe most of us choose Always and I think Fengtao changed the default setting to Always.

Here’s a link to the tutorial and PP:

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPathPlayer

Mornin’ Jimbo, didn’t see you there pal…:wink: