Problem: Audio KS with 48246S@52246S

i have large problems after overclocking my 48 to a 52 Lite-On with Audio-KS Cactus Data Shield 200
I have the OEM-Version of the burner. First firmware after buying was SID1.
I tried it already with different firmwares.
I used mtkflash and everything seem to be OK!
I have Windows ME and the last Adaptec Aspi-Layer.
I tried with 6S02, 6S07 or 6S08 !!!
If i use EAC the Disc contents will be read, but in case i want to rip i become an error message.
“EAC couldn´t detect a matching read command for this drive”. .
Several changes in EAC-Drive Options Menu brougt no success!
I have all reading modes tries out, but the error appears again and again
Please help me!
With Clone-CD and the Cactus Data Shield 200 CD i have also large problems! If i want to copy the CD, Clone-CD says, that this drive is not compatible with Clone-CD in read-mode normal! After a few errors it stops!
Please help!
Is it a problem with OEM Drives only?

Did you try and reduce the ripping speed to 4x? According to Alexnoe’s review of the Lite-On 52x he had to reduce the reading speed to 4x to avoid timing errors with Cactus DataShield 200. His review of the Lite-On 52x with protected audio CDs can be found here:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=99&Page=10

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by DamnedIfIknow
Did you try and reduce the ripping speed to 4x? According to Alexnoe’s review of the Lite-On 52x he had to reduce the reading speed to 4x to avoid timing errors with Cactus DataShield 200.

There are different builds of CDS200…I have 1 too that can’t be copied by my LiteOn,EAC complains about "could not detect matching reading command"and ripping with CloneCd "read only 1st session"option on,produces only noise on the cd,instead of music…