Problem After Install of Vista Update

I am on a borrowed computer that is running Vista Home Prem. and on Saturday it automatically installed a Vista Service Pack Update KB936330. Ever since then I have noticed that when I open Firefox the border area around the page is dark gray instead of the normal blue. I cannot get an arrow point on the side, top or bottom of the page so that I can move the page up or down to shorten. I’m sure it is something minor that I am missing but cannot find where to reset or fix.

Also I have a program that I run that used to open the full width of my wide screen monitor but now it opens in a little 2x2 box WTH?

Anyone with suggestions I would be mucho grateful! Oh and did I mention that I HATE VISTA!!!

[QUOTE=Tucson Transplant;2206822]I am on a borrowed computer that is running Vista Home Prem. and on Saturday it automatically installed a Vista Service Pack Update KB936330. Ever since then I have noticed that when I open Firefox the border area around the page is dark gray instead of the normal blue. I cannot get an arrow point on the side, top or bottom of the page so that I can move the page up or down to shorten. I’m sure it is something minor that I am missing but cannot find where to reset or fix.

Also I have a program that I run that used to open the full width of my wide screen monitor but now it opens in a little 2x2 box WTH?

Anyone with suggestions I would be mucho grateful! Oh and did I mention that I HATE VISTA!!![/QUOTE]

What version of FF are you using and did you download and install the latest version or did you uninstall FF and reinstall it? Also what program are you talking about??? Without a software name that question your asking won’t get a response??

I am running FF version 3.0.5 and no I did not uninstall or reinstall. The program I am trying to run is a shift helper application (MaxMSP version 5.0.536470) created by someone.

I’m not sure how to do it but you are supposed to be able to rollback to pre SP1 after that update.
You might google on how to do that.Then just disable the auto update so it doesn’t install again.