Problem after burning a DVD

vbimport

well,
i just got my NEC 3500 and i burned my first back up movie. when i played it in my DVD player in the living room, i got some problems (glitches / bugs) at the end of the movie (toward the last 3 minutes).
i burned the dvd at 8x or 16x (i don’t remember) on a fujifilm DVD+R that are yuden000 T02, i checked with dvd identifier.
how can i solve this problem?
burn at a lower speed?

help me please

ps: i’m using the LD_V2 beta 2 and bitsetting…

Hey blarf…

I would try slowing the speed down. Unless you got a bad batch of media, that is not the problem. I’ve burnt a ton of those Fuji’s without 1 hickup. If you can, try them in a different player to verify it’s not that. Or you could try a -R disk and see how it behaves.

Mark

Depending on your burner and software it might happen, especially with such good brands like TY that it is burnt at a higher speed at the end of the disc. This causes a reading problem for the standalones, i.e. transmission rate dropping critically.

Though I never had an issue with +R media (burnt at maximum speed, that is higher than the certified speed of the media), I would recommend to burn at a lower speed.

what programs are you using to backup and burn with?

hi,
thanx for the quick replies,
i’m using DVD shrink 3.2 and Nero (latest update…) to backup my dvds.

Mark-

I’m making some SERIOUS headway here… :slight_smile:

Just a joke between friends - Mark is absolutely correct- try using good quality 8x -R media (Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or Maxell) and I think you will find that you will get a very good burn without having to mess with the speeds-

Mike

Hey Mike…

Have you moved up here to gods country? I’m starting to feel your head up here!!:bigsmile: