Problem adding a 2nd HD to a Dell

vbimport

Hi all,

I have been upgrading my computer lately and things have been going relatively smoothly (good advice always does it!) until I got to installing the second hard drive.

The computer is a Dell Dimension E310 and the original hard drive comes in a blue plastic bracket that holds the drive and slides in and out as needed. In the directions on adding a second hard drive, it says to use the 2nd blue plastic bracket to add the second hard drive.

Problem is it never came with a second bracket! :a Waited on Dell Chat for 15 minutes as the next in line but I guess I wasn’t in the mood to keep waiting. Couldn’t find any information on the Dell website regarding this item either and looking at newegg and MicroCenter got me no where. I was told by the salesperson that I could just screw the drive in (I have had no problem doing that in previous computers) but in this computer there is just nothing to screw it to.

Anyone familiar with Dell’s hard drive set up? Even the 18" Sata cable is too short for the proper installation; it works but it doesn’t go in the brackets as the other one does. It just cuts across the inside of the computer. That doesn’t seem to be that important.

Thank you for your time and ideas!

CS

Hi [B]Citsme[/B]: I’ll move this query to the [I]Hard Drives[/I] forum, where you may get more specific help :slight_smile:

Edit: done.

:iagree: Thank you!

Hello,

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to solve this problem before I posted the question. I couldn’t find an answer anywhere.

I was at my son’s house today baby-sitting a self-cleaning oven (small fire this morning) and I decided to look once more. Googled again and it was the first answer in the list. Where has it been hiding?

The answer is that I must purchase the blue bracket from Dell for $1.99 and shipping and wait for at least a week for it. Thankfully, it doesn’t cost more or I was just going to go back to an external HD instead.

Thought this answer might help someone, sometime!

CS

Hi Citsme.
Glad to see you found the solution…good luck

Thanks Citsme :clap:

Giving answers to questions and solutions to problems helps everyone. :iagree: :iagree:

Thanks Again :iagree:

bean55