Problem: 32123S and CloneCD

vbimport

I have the Liteon 32123S (32x12x40x) CDRW drive and some Sony 700MB/80min disc. I have checked with the Liteon SMART BURN software that the Sony disc can be written at 32x.

I was going to copy an audio cd but all 3 disc have errors.
The first one was burnt at 32x which couldn't be read by the drives afterwards. The other 2 created writing errors while wirting image file to them at 12x (have also ran the simulated burning test and it's OK).

What's the problem?

Beside that Sony(manufactured by sony) sucks…

Make sure you have the latest firmware.

Maybe that will help? But those sonys don’t perform very well.

I’ve had bad luck writing audio at 32x. I’d recommend no faster than 16x.

I recently purchased some Imation CDRs rated at 32x. The Imation discs are manufactured by CMC Magnetics. To date, 14 discs have been written and there wasn’t one problem in burning and overburning at 32x with the Lite-On 32123S burner.

The Imation discs are currently on sale for $4 with mail-in rebate for a 50-pack at OfficeMax.

The Sony ones I’ve got are manufactured by Sony.

I have the latest XS0U firmware and latest version of CloneCD.

When I try to burn the first CD, it succeeded at 32x writing, but then the disc is not recognised by the drives.
Then I tried to use 12x twice, both failed and CloneCD said there’s a WRITE ERROR.

My last post about the Imation CDR discs are being sold at Office Depot and NOT OfficeMax.

Sorry about that.

Stan

Originally posted by Ian Ching
[B]The Sony ones I’ve got are manufactured by Sony.

I have the latest XS0U firmware and latest version of CloneCD.

When I try to burn the first CD, it succeeded at 32x writing, but then the disc is not recognised by the drives.
Then I tried to use 12x twice, both failed and CloneCD said there’s a WRITE ERROR. [/B]

well i think these errors and stuff is probably from bad cd-r’s :frowning:

try new brands of cd-r’s :slight_smile: