Pro software?

I’ve been burning software/images/dvd files for many years now… and I’m finally at the point where I’m annoyed at NERO. I’ve always said I thought nero was the best and this goes back to about 2000 (wasn’t such a huge fan in the start of cd-r burners the windows 98 days but seems like that was just your typical 1st generation burner problems…)

Here are the main things I’ve realized I’m annoyed about…

Mainly

• The auto eject doesn’t work because you have to hit one (nero 7) to two buttons (nero 6) before it will eject (doesn’t help you if you have too burn 50 dvd’s in a row to have to take time to hit enter, enter or click, click)
  • That I should be able to que up individual burns so I can have them running in order consistently…

There are other features I think are missing like

• Be able to double click a image file and have it fire up (I know there are ways to get nero to do this but they just make it a pain in the ass)

Infact in general I think nero’s image support has not been very good over the past few years they’ve improved but it’s still a painfull process and some days all I do is burn images…

The only other software I know that’s recommended is Alcohol 120% (well that and clonecd/dvd but…) but truth be told I need a all-in-one burner that can handle DVD .ifo/vob

So either I’m really out of touch with what is the right software or I just don’t know how to use the current software I’ve used for years… if any one has some recommendations on the right software for me that maybe supports these features (theoratical or not) I’d appreciate it thanks…

The latest version of ImgBurn has a queueing feature that might suit you. Never used that feature though.
It only burns images which should be oK for you from what you say.

Passi’s Ones is a great, simple burning software.

CopyToCD/CopyToDVD is pretty good. Right-click and image and pick “copy to DVD” and … bingo!

Right-click a VIDEO_TS folder, and pick “copy to DVD”, and it says “data or video?” you click video and POOF! It’s a Video DVD! (You can set that as default so-as to not need the extra clicks.)

I re-dress my past grievance… Anything new on the horizon…

I’m definitely going to try that software you mentioned Gurm, Thanks! Sounds like it will eliminate some of my headache…

I have written to Nero about this issue but last I checked 0 progress… It’s funny cause some of things nero 6/7 needs are too simple to comprehend… when there off on the far side of planet doing video encoding (not bad… but I assume rare for the casual user) and off the wall stuff like .wav editor…

I did many years ago right to nero how I wanted .m3u files to be able to load their respective paths into nero so you didn’t have to single handily drag and drop files in that playlist in by hand… They did that feature eventually, whether I asked had any influence I don’t know…