Privacy International Stupid Security

vbimport

Source

It is nice to know that privacy is still a thing the people of earth honor. However , there are rules to be followed and the “War against terrorism” and “Patriotic Acts” make all things look very scared. With the use of FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) and unspeakable rules , our dear leaders throughout the world make a safer place for us, the cizitens of that earth.

However , at what cost ? Where in the world did we agree upon such scare tactics , such outrageous laws that would make George Orwell’s book called : 1984 look like a director’s manual on how to govern earth for the next millenia to come.

It pleases me that there are some websites and some people who dare to stand up against all this and show us some of the weirdest happenings that took place throughout the world just because of the Orwellian techniques your so carefully chosen world leaders take.

Note that this post is not meant to give my expression towards any politics in particular (we have the “War on iraq” thread for that) , so i don’t expect to see any dumb reactions about that either. As you may notice , the list contains several countries and governments throughout the world and not just Iraq or the USA.

Most Egregiously Stupid Award
Winner - The Australian Government for a litany of pointless, irritating and self-serving security measures

Runner-Up - Moscow Mayor Yury Luzhkov for the “Propiska” Identity Papers

Most Inexplicably Stupid Award
Winner - Philadelphia International Airport for over-reaction to a bottle of cologne

Runner-Up - Heathrow Airport for quarantining a quantity of green tea.

Most Annoyingly Stupid Award

Winner - T-Mobile (UK) for pointless and idiotic financial security measures

Runner-Up - Bay Area Rapid Transport (Bart) for closing its restrooms.

Most Flagrantly Intrusive Award

Winner - Delta Terminal at JFK Airport for forcing a nursing mother to drink her own breast milk

Runner-Up - Carson City Correctional Facility, Michigan for forcing women visitors to wear bras.

Most Stupidly Counter Productive Award

Winner - San Francisco General Hospital for blind idiocy in its identity checking procedures

Runner-Up San Francisco International Airport for endangering the public

Dishonourable Mention

The New Yorker Hotel, New York for aggressive, unnecessary and meaningless security measures.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere

Dishonourable Mention

The New Yorker Hotel, New York for aggressive, unnecessary and meaningless security measures. [/B]

Hey, I dont mind. If it makes me feel safer while visiting that place then I am all for it. We are target #1 right now. I really dont see how more security in New York is bad. :confused:

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
[B]

Hey, I dont mind. If it makes me feel safer while visiting that place then I am all for it. We are target #1 right now. I really dont see how more security in New York is bad. :confused: [/B]

people who have never been a suspect always think like that

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]

people who have never been a suspect always think like that [/B]

People who have had an air wall of debris and concrete flying at them think like that