Printing test labels

vbimport

i haven’t seen this suggested, for anyone just starting to print on cds and dvds as i am, it appears the least expensive method to perfect the print process without ruining new media is to get some paper labels (i assume they can be found at 119 mm) and put them onto “coasters” that i am sure everyone has a few lying around. this way you can practice all you want until adjustments are satisfactory. as everyone knows do not place a disc with a stickon label in a player or burner as they will be out of balance, this is only to see the print results

[QUOTE=thomm;2157156]i haven’t seen this suggested, for anyone just starting to print on cds and dvds as i am, it appears the least expensive method to perfect the print process without ruining new media is to get some paper labels (i assume they can be found at 119 mm) and put them onto “coasters” that i am sure everyone has a few lying around. this way you can practice all you want until adjustments are satisfactory. as everyone knows do not place a disc with a stickon label in a player or burner as they will be out of balance, this is only to see the print results[/QUOTE]

If I make a coaster from a printable DVD/CD I mark them “BAD” small lettering close to the hub, larger lettering on the backside, and use them for test and experimental printing.
Paul

That’s what I had planned to do with my printable coasters, but I have a stack of ~80 now (after ~4 years) and I might have test-printed 5.

You do not indicate what software or printer you are using.
I simply print the test disc to plain paper. I am using an Epson R280.
If you are using Epson Print CD choose Manual Print and then select plain paper.
Sure Thing software will also will enable you to print to plain paper.

i am using a canon ip4200 with CD-Labelprint, by using “bad” cds with a stick-on label it helps with positioning of the image on the disc, however after you make a few prints, and get familiar with the software, adjustments are no longer needed