Printing onto disc surface?

vbimport

is there any ways to print directly onto the disc surface? like creating a cd label but not literally buying the cd label sticker to stick on it?

kindly advise. your help is much appreciated.

Yes

Printable CDs and printers that print directly onto these CDs

Available everywhere

Welcome to cdfreaks.

[quote=Geneetan;2151799]is there any ways to print directly onto the disc surface? like creating a cd label but not literally buying the cd label sticker to stick on it?

kindly advise. your help is much appreciated.[/quote]

Yo-

If you buy printable media - you can print directly on the top surface-

However it takes a special ink jet printer-

Use Google to find the one you want-eh!!

Or if you don’t want to go through all that you can use Lightscribe discs and
you would need a Burner capable of doing Lightscribe.

Though they don’t look near as good as Inkjet printable media.

I’m using Samsung SH-S182F, is this lightscribe enabled? I can’t seem to find this info.

If the burner is not lightscribe enabled, are there other ways to print direct onto surface?

Hihi,

I searched. But some sites says its lightscribe enabled. Some say its not, how do i know? I have download lightscribe but it doesnt detect the drive…

PLs help…

I can´t find any info that says your Samsung SH-S182F is Lightscribe enabled.

Use printable discs and a printer that can handle printing on these discs.

For example http://www.supermediastore.com/printer.html

Referring to the topic

I’m printing on disks with my Canon PIXMA iP6600D, many of the Pixma iP series can do this easy with very good result without the need for any dedicated CD printing only printer Such as Primera Bravo e.t.c.

From Canon you can select on of PIXMA iP4500, PIXMA Pro9500 or PIXMA Pro9500 from the models available today. And other brands have similar models I think.

And use any printable media of you choice.

I have both this and LightScribe but I uses printed disc mostly except for the CD’s used in my car. (The ink may smear in the humidity that can be in the car)
Good Luck

Geneetan

[QUOTE=deanimator;2152303]I can´t find any info that says your Samsung SH-S182F is Lightscribe enabled.

Use printable discs and a printer that can handle printing on these discs.

For example http://www.supermediastore.com/printer.html[/QUOTE]

Some nice printers here to choose from.For some models you can also get the continuous ink refill system, saves a lot on ink.

http://continuousink.com/default.asp

I have used a Epson R260 with the refill system and have had great results.

I have both this and LightScribe but I uses printed disc mostly except for the CD’s used in my car. (The ink may smear in the humidity that can be in the car)

I haven’t had any issue’s like this yet myself.

[QUOTE=bean55;2152557]
I haven’t had any issue’s like this yet myself.[/QUOTE]

I had it on one CD (Any need to have an excuse to myself for buying two of this drives that can do LightScibe or else I have bought them in vain :wink: