Printing on CD gives faded colors

Hi,

I own a Canon printer i865… when I bought it I remember I was not particularly satisfied with the bundle software included for CD/DVD printing, that is, CD-LabelPrint.

After many years I decided to give another try, so I downloaded the latest version of the software, 1.4.1
I got a very good jpg image and set the print quality to “high”, unfortunately the result is awful, the colors are faded, the brown became beige and the text was not really black as it shoud :eek:
The media used is a white TY .
Useless to say that the printer itself prints fine and it is working well.

If I use any other program (Nero) to do the same job, it prints good, therefore I wonder: where’s the problem with CD-LabelPrint 1.4.1?

I was thinking about the color management profiles, now the default one is used, but then I should have the same issue with Nero… :confused:

It’s difficult to do test also because the sw doean’t allow me to print on paper, only directly on CD-Tray :frowning:

Hope you can help.

Thank you!
Alex

I have found that instead of using the high setting I set the effects to Vivid photo. This produces a much stronger print.
Are you using OEM carts or Canon one’s, perhaps that is causing some problems.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2236050]I have found that instead of using the high setting I set the effects to Vivid photo. This produces a much stronger print.
Are you using OEM carts or Canon one’s, perhaps that is causing some problems.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

well, the point is that using Nero it prints perfectly, I fill up my catridges but I assure you that quality is even better than Canon’s inks:)

I really cannot explain this…

Alex

Did you clean the cartridge nozzles? I use an Epson with refillable ink system as well, and from time to time especially if I hadn’t printed that much with the printer, I have to use the Epson’s clean nozzle function to get the colors back up from being faded like you are describing…

BTW, this is when I use Epson’s PrintCD program.

[QUOTE=MBK;2236278]Did you clean the cartridge nozzles? I use an Epson with refillable ink system as well, and from time to time especially if I hadn’t printed that much with the printer, I have to use the Epson’s clean nozzle function to get the colors back up from being faded like you are describing…

BTW, this is when I use Epson’s PrintCD program.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did the nozzle check few days ago when I refilled and it is perfect, the printer itself prints very good on paper, it is a pity I cannot test more using CD-LabelPrint on paper :frowning:

Cheers
Alex

Bummers… guess you might need to go with Nero until you find out where the issue is with the Canon CD-Labelprint SW…

Have you tried the manual colour setting in the canon’s properties setting.
I get quite good results though on auto!
Saturation can be adjusted, option available only when printing on CD-R media
You can also Select either Dark or Light print settings.
I would fire up the program and check all these settings particularly as Nero doesn’t seem to have any problems.

[QUOTE=Metallo;2236282]Yes, I did the nozzle check few days ago when I refilled and it is perfect, the printer itself prints very good on paper, it is a pity I cannot test more using CD-LabelPrint on paper :frowning:

Cheers
Alex[/QUOTE]

Of course you can print on paper, just select one of the insert/cover paper types.

[QUOTE=CDan;2236367]Of course you can print on paper, just select one of the insert/cover paper types.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are right, I will try on paper and see if I can find a reason for my problem.

What about if I want to print cd labels (the ones you stick on the CD disc to be clear :slight_smile: ), I see this is not possible with CD-LabelPrint, is there any freeware software you’d recommend?

As I said above, I use Nero Cover Design, but in order to have this sw, you need to install the whole Nero package, which is heavy and I don’t use that often for other functionalities, that’s why I am looking for alternatives so that I can get rid of Nero.
On the other hand, I expect there might be specific printing sw that offer better usability because more specific… :rolleyes:

Thank you
Alex