Printing a cd label

vbimport

I have used Nero Smart Start before to create a CD label. I have a Canon iP4500 that we have bought specifically to print on Verbatim printables. My computer went in for a service and when it came back, they have deleted my Nero Smart Start. I loaded it again, but it looked different and where I could just copy and paste from a word document unto my CD label that I was busy creating in Nero, I couldn’t do that anymore. I could also not print on a CD label with my printer anymore. What has changed and how can I start printing on CD printables again? I don’t want to use lightscribe because the salespeople told me it’s just black and white.
Thank you.:sad:

[QUOTE=Mariet;2617828]I have used Nero Smart Start before to create a CD label. I have a Canon iP4500 that we have bought specifically to print on Verbatim printables. My computer went in for a service and when it came back, they have deleted my Nero Smart Start. I loaded it again, but it looked different and where I could just copy and paste from a word document unto my CD label that I was busy creating in Nero, I couldn’t do that anymore. I could also not print on a CD label with my printer anymore. What has changed and how can I start printing on CD printables again? I don’t want to use lightscribe because the salespeople told me it’s just black and white.
Thank you.:sad:[/QUOTE]

It sounds like they may have formatted your drive and re-installed the OS. You may need to go to Canon’s web site and download/install the driver package for your printer. Did you get the computer back with the same version of Windows installed? I can’t think of why your Nero program would be different if you installed the same version you were using previously?

Hi and Welcome!

Nerö Start Smart is just some kind of shortcut collection for the different modules bundled into the Nerö package.
The tool for creating labels is called “Cover Designer”.

You could also use the disc printing tool that came with your Canon printer (“CD Label Print” IIRC). You should find it on the CD that came with the printer, and you can also download it from Canon support website.
And of course you need to install the drivers for your printer.

Michael

Thank you for your quick response, Michael. I have downloaded the printer driver again, as you have suggested. I see that on Nero only the Canon i865 Label CD Printer, Canon i905 Label CD Printer, and the Canon PIXMA IP3000 are loaded as options. Is that maybe why I cannot print with the Canon iP4500? I usually just opened the place in my printer where I put the CD in and then the printer would automatically change over from normal printing to Label printing, now it doesn’t recognise that I am going to print a CD. Can I load my printer in some way onto the Nero CoverDesigner Essentials? Do you think that could be the problem?
Thank you

Is your printer correctly shown in the “printers” section of the control panel of Windows?
Normally, you should then be able to chose the 4500 in your printing software. Perhaps some manual adjustments are needed, so please have a look into your printer’s manual.

Additional, you should really try Canon’s disc printing application.

Michael