Printer servers and windows 7

vbimport

Thought this might help someone who installs a print server and has windows 7

Problems printing to an Epson printer in my case a R280 through a printer server in my case a trednet TE100-P1U using windows 7. It would start printing and get
an error the kick out other pages of paper then start printing again. The printer worked fine plugged into an usb. Here is what I did to fix it.

Go to start the devices and printers right click on the printer you just installed, Then go to printer properties then ports then configure port.
Then under LPR settings check the LPR byte counting. This could also be a problem with Vista do not have Vista to check. You do not have to check the LPR Byte counting in xp.

Checked a vista notebook and had the same problem so above is the fix.

Glad you solved your problem.
I have Vista on my laptop and want to convert my xp to win7 and upgrade to win7 on laptop but then would have no printer.

I have a HP Photosmart 1315 and a Dell printer which neither is compaitable with Win7. Has anyone had any luck in using another driver on the HP printer and getting it to work. My main computer is a Dell 8400 that I want to upgrade the Os and can’t as the printer is attached to it by usb and xp is ono the 8400 Os XP.

I went to google and inputed hp photosmart 1315 and vista this is what someone else did to make it work.

Thanks for the info on downloading the hp photosmart 3100 driver. My printer is back in business!
My 1315 thinks its a 3100 and works fine in Vista. (1)Disconnect printer from computer, (2)click “add new printer”, (3)go to driver for HP Photosmart 3100 and install it(4)Connect printer to computer.

Anytime you have a problem like that google it and if your willing to read long enough you will in most cases find a fix.

The reason I posted what I did about the printer server was so if someone else has the problem and they google printer server windows 7 it will come to this post.

Thank you. I did google it and also contacted HP support via phone to no solution. I got nothing on google and HP was no help. I will give your response a try and keep fingers crossed.

Meggie

What is the dell printer you have? Sometimes you just have to change how you google it to find the answer. If you are planning on updating you computer to vista or windows 7 I would go with windows seven but I would only do it if your computer has at least 2g of memory or even better yet 4g.

The printer that I have always used is the HP Photosmart 1315. [I] have never unpacked the Dell one. Someone on the HP board said to use a 900 driver for the HP but it didn’t work. I will try the one recommended above and let you all know what it does.

I have Vista on the laptop and XP on my desktop. I want to upgrade both of them to Win 7 I hate the thoughts of reinstalling all my programs to 2 com;puters.

thanks, i may well be needing this :slight_smile:

The laptop has DDR3 4g and has Vista on it. Got it at the end of Sept. The desktop was upgraded to 4G of DDR ram so should be ok to upgrade, XP is on it currently. I didn’t want to purchase a new printer when the one I have works fine so hesitate upgrading to win7 and having to reinstall all my programs but from all reports Win7 seems the way to go especially on the laptop with Vista.

[QUOTE=samlar;2461186]What is the dell printer you have? Sometimes you just have to change how you google it to find the answer. If you are planning on updating you computer to vista or windows 7 I would go with windows seven but I would only do it if your computer has at least 2g of memory or even better yet 4g.[/QUOTE]

I have spent 3 hours looking for the 3100 driver on google and hp and elsewhere. The only thing I got was a virus and no driver. If anyone has it please share.

[QUOTE=samlar;2461172]I went to google and inputed hp photosmart 1315 and vista this is what someone else did to make it work.

Thanks for the info on downloading the hp photosmart 3100 driver. My printer is back in business!
My 1315 thinks its a 3100 and works fine in Vista. (1)Disconnect printer from computer, (2)click “add new printer”, (3)go to driver for HP Photosmart 3100 and install it(4)Connect printer to computer.

Anytime you have a problem like that google it and if your willing to read long enough you will in most cases find a fix.

The reason I posted what I did about the printer server was so if someone else has the problem and they google printer server windows 7 it will come to this post.[/QUOTE]

Z3100 Photo Printer

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3204971&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3204970&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us

I am still trying. I have the laptop networked so tried installing both the 990c and the 3100 drivers on the desktop first and neither worked. That computer has xp on it now. they didn’t work on the laptop either.

I did read on the net that win7 might be able to fix this problem.

Which file do I dl? for the Z3100 drivers? I see one is for xp and the other vista so will dl both but there are 2 for each.

I did read on the net that win7 might be able to fix this problem. I printed it out and hope it will work otherwise i have to buy a new printer.

[QUOTE=samlar;2460846]Checked a vista notebook and had the same problem so above is the fix.[/QUOTE]