Printable DVD+Rs

As many of you I’m having trouble getting good results with TY T03 DVD+Rs. Since Plextor, Fuji,… don’t sell any more TY T02s, I’m looking for blanco T02s…a lot of them.

Now I’ve never liked those shiny silver blanco cd-r discs. The abscence of a label makes them look fragile and dust or fingerprints on top is more easily spotted than with labels, which isn’t nice. I guess the same goes for DVDs.

It came to my attention that there are T02 spindles out there with a printable white surface. Now I wonder, does this feel like a normal label or can it be scratched off easily? How close does it come to labels used by Plextor, Fuji,…?

You never told us where you live… :slight_smile:

BTW, rima.com still sells white inkjet printable YUDEN000-T02’s. :wink:

I’ve been using this type of media with my Epson Photo printer and still never had any issues with “printable surface” layer scratch resistance.

[I][B]Edit[/B][/I], sidenote:

It came to my attention that there are T02 spindles out there with a printable white surface. Now I wonder, does this feel like a normal label or can it be scratched off easily? How close does it come to labels used by Plextor, Fuji,…?
As close as it can… :bigsmile: They are all made by Taiyo Yuden, (if not fake ones of course).

Well, I live in Belgium and I don’t have a credit card…which makes things a bit difficult. :frowning:

Anyway, this may sounds strange but…could you describe how those printable labels feel at the touch? :stuck_out_tongue: Are they smooth?
I don’t plan printing on them, I just like to have a label. :smiley:

Try www.cdrwinkel.com. They have different payment options from BE (or NL).
The surface of the full face printable TY dvd’s feels smooth. I usually print them with an inkjet but you can also write on them with a dvd marker.

That’s the store where I buy usually, but they don’t sell T02s anymore.